4-H STATE AND COUNTY OFFICES
Oregon 4-H Offices
4-H Wildlife Stewards Beyond Oregon
The Oregon 4-H Wildlife Stewards program is open to schools and volunteers across the country and the world.
There are four ways to get involved with 4-H Wildlife Stewards.
- Contact your local 4-H office and find out how you can help bring this program to your area. 4-H and Extension staff should contact Maureen Hosty for more information.
- Register to participate in the next online training. You will receive a 4-H Wildlife Stewards Handbook, Project Certification book, training videos, and other educational resources to help you get started. Once you complete the training you will join a growing community of adult volunteers, community partners and teachers who are bringing science and nature together one-step at a time. Ongoing resources and support are available through web-based curriculum, trainings and updates.
- Register your as a member school online and each youth who participates will receive a 4-H Junior Wildlife Stewards Certificate of Achievement. Note: All 4-H Wildlife Stewards Member schools must have at least one trained (including online training) teacher or volunteer before they can be enrolled as a 4-H Wildlife Steward Member School. 4-H Wildlife Stewards Member schools receive discounts for curriculum, Garden signage, and other resources.
- Enroll as a 4-H Wildlife Stewards Member and access the online resources and join the 4-H Wildlife Stewards online community.
4-H and Extension Staff and Volunteers
The Oregon 4-H Wildlife Stewards staff provides support for 4-H and Extension Faculty who are interested in bringing this program to their local communiy. Oregon 4-H Wildlife Stewards Staff provides the following resources and support for nominal fees:
- State or regional 4-H Wildlife Stewards train the trainer workshops (3-5 day workshop)
- In-State 4-H Wildlife Stewards Teacher/Leader Trainings (3-day training)
- On-going support and consultations via phone, teleconference and other interactive media
- State specific 4-H Wildlife Stewards Website
- Discount registrations for participating in Oregon 4-H Wildlife Stewards workshops and trainings
- Discount fees for curriculum and resource materials
The Oregon 4- Wildlife Stewards program provides high quality curriculum, resources, and materials that can easily be adapted and revised to fit your state and local needs. Some of these resources include:
- 4-H Wildlife Stewards Trainers Guide (a 237 page step by step guide with handouts, PowerPoint presentations, and lessons for delivering a 4-H Wildlife Stewards training in your area)
- 4-H Wildlife Stewards Volunteer Handbook
- 4-H Wildlife Stewards Project Certification Handbook
- 4-H Junior Wildlife Stewards Journal
- 4-H Wildlife Stewards Habitat Education Site Toolkit Video series (11 training videos)
- 4-H Wildlife Stewards School Habitat Signs (for placing in school gardens)
- 4-H Wildlife Stewards promotional brochures template (which can be easily adapted for local contact information)
- 4-H Wildlife Stewards classroom curriculum lessons
- 4-H Wildlife Stewards t-shirts
- 4-H Wildlife Stewards Certificate of Completion
- 4-H Junior Wildlife Stewards Certificate of Achievement (for youth members)
- and much more