4H Nature Clubs
. . . Get into the Outdoors
Exploring Nature . . . Backyards and Beyond
4-H teams up with the USFWS to bring a new and exciting youth program to the Portland Metro area.
- Engage students in outdoor nature-focused exploration, discovery, play, conservation, and learning
- Provide youth opportunities to learn in and about the natural world around them
- Involve students in their community through citizen sciences and civic engagement, and discussion about current environmental concerns and issues
- Are open to 3-5 grade students
- Meet all over the Greater Portland Metro region, and explore their own neighborhoods, local parks and the Oregon Zoo with mentoring from US Fish and Wildlife Service.
- design and implement community service projects focused on animals in their homes not only in our own region but from around the world
- present their projects and share their research with others at a 4-H Nature Club Summit
Sessions for the Nature Clubs will be scheduled around the four seasons, with activities identified for exploring nature during each. Nature Clubs is a pilot program in 2013 implementing the Backyards and Beyond curriculum developed for nature-focused 4-H programs in Arizona. We are adapting this fabulous curriculum for our area.
The program includes the new national 4-H curriculum developed in partnership with the USFWS, 4H Neighborhood Nature Clubs. All club leaders receive a copy of the curriculum.
Come join the revolution . . . become a 4-H Nature Club Leader
volunteer to help lead a 4-H Nature Club or let us help you start your own in Multnomah County
- Do you enjoy the curiosity and energy of school-aged youth?
- Do you love animals and nature?
- Are you an explorer at heart?
- Do you enjoy hikes in your local parks?
- Do you want to learn more about animals at the Oregon Zoo?
- Do you want to lead conversations about local environmental issues?
- Would you like to work and learn alongside fish and wildlife biologists
Upcoming 4-H Nature Club Leader Trainings
To become a 4-H Nature Club Leader, attend one of these upcoming trainings
Maps and Directions
Please park in back of school and enter the doors leading to the multi-pupose room
Registration for New 4-H Nature Club Leaders
To become a 4-H Nature Club. . .
- Download and complete the 2013-14 OSU Extension 4-H Leader Application
We are currently accepting registrations from interested Club Leaders.
For more Information
If you would like more information about 4-H Nature Clubs please contact
OSU Extension 4-H Portland Metro Area
5444-B SE International Way
Portland, OR 97222