- About Extension
- Get Involved
- Statewide Locations
Benton County Master Gardener Association
The Benton County Master Gardener Association (BCMGA) is part of the Oregon Master Gardener Association, a state wide non-profit organization. Anyone who has completed the Master Gardener training program and who wishes to join is encouraged to participate.
BCMGA plans and coordinates many of the amazing gardening classes and events for the Benton County Master Gardener program.
Membership meetings are held periodically and some will be incorporated into fun and educational field trips to nearby sites around the Willamette Valley.
The purpose of the Association is to:
- Enhance and supplement the Oregon State University Home Horticulture Program (Master Gardener Program);
- Educate Chapter Members and our local community about plant selection, culture and care;
- Maintain and continue to build an active Benton County Master Gardener program; and
- Encourage continuing education and recertification of Master Gardeners.
Marie Madison Scholarship
Click here for the 2013 scholarship brochure.
Every year, BCMGA award a scholarhisp for the purpose of encouraging and enhancing post-secondary, academic study of horticulture, botany, and plant science. It is a non-renewable $1000 scholarship. Please see application instructions for further details.
- NEW! Committee Report Form
- NEW! BCMGA Board Meeting Minutes
- Hour Reporting Form (prints on legal size paper)
- Report Hours Online
- Reimbursement Voucher
- Description of BCMGA Committies
2012 Committee Year End Reports
- Plant a Row for the Hungry
- Gearing Up for Gardening
- Insights into Gardening
- Fairgrounds Planting
- Plant Sale
- Spring Garden Festival
- Grace Center
- 4-H Wildlife Stewards Youth Summit
- Plant Problem Scenario Committee
- School Gardens
- Kids for Conservation Day
- Mini College
- BCMGA Demo Garden
- Clinic Table
- Plant a Row
- Spineless Wonders
- Windowsill Gardening
- Central Park
- Desk Commitee