- About Extension
- Get Involved
- Statewide Locations
Master Woodland Managers
Master Woodland Managers are trained volunteers who have completed an 85-hour course on woodland management. After completing the course, Master Woodland Managers volunteer their time in the following ways:
- Visit your property and identify opportunities for tree planting, thinning, controlling animal damage.
- Demonstrate simple forestry practices.
- Identify important considerations that will protect your property from fire, insects, and disease.
- Suggest sources for tree seedlings, forestry equipment, aerial photos and other equipment.
- Help you locate sources of assistance.
- Inform you about upcoming woodland tours and meetings.
To schedule a visit with a Benton, Linn, or Polk County Master Woodland Manager (MWM), call the Benton County OSU Extension office at (541) 766-6750, or stop by the office at 4077 SW Research Way, in Corvallis.
Learn how you can become a Master Woodland Manager