- About Extension
- Get Involved
- Statewide Locations
Horse Pre-Fair and Fair
County Horse Fair
The 2015 Clackamas County 4-H Horse Fair will be held at the Fairgrounds in Canby, July 10-18, 2015.
Entries and Records Due at the June 1 meeting
Final fair information, stall assignments, and fairbooks at the June 29 meeting
Horse Fair 2015
||Horse Possession Deadline, Document Turn-In
|April 18-19||Horse Pre-Fair|
||Horse Fair Entry Deadline
||Western Gaming Pre-Fair
||County Horse Fair
|| Move-In / Decorate
|10||Jumping - All Ages
|| Dressage, Driving, Ground Training, In-Hand trail - All Ages
|| Juniors & Seniors
|15||Ranch Horse - All Ages|
|| Western Gaming - All Ages
||State Horse Fair
Volunteers are wanted for Horse events. Positions include:
If you are not a currently enrolled 4-H leader, you will need to fill out a Horse Volunteer Form. Contact Pam Pittman if you can help in any way: 503-539-0813.
2015 Horse Pre-Fair & Fair Information!
The Winter Horse mailing was sent out in February, containing the following:
- Horse Pre-Fair & Fair letter
- Health Form & Code of Conduct
- Horse Project Identification Form
- Pre-Fair Entry Form
- Western Gaming Pre-Fair Entry Form
- I Did It Myself Application and Horse ID Form
- General Horse Rules
- Member / Horse Qualification Rules
- Tack Sale flier
- Dad Potter Clinic flier
- Jump Clinic flier
- Individualized club lists
- Individualized horse exhibitor number cards for new horse members
- Individualized club charters for new and re-named clubs
The Spring Horse mailing went out in April.
- Horse Fair letter
- Horse Fair Entry Form
- Camping Space & Stall Request Forms
- Breaking News: Indicate if you prefer the box stalls, panel stalls under the tent, or panel stalls outside. Also, you are not required to camp overnight as long as you leave an emergency contact number on your stalls.
- Western Gaming Entry Form
- Ranch Horse Entry Form
- Breaking News: For this year only, new members can participate in Ranch Horse at fair if they have attended just one clinic with cows.
- Dressage Entry Form
- Breaking News: If needed, members may have until June 29 to submit a Dressage test.
- Hunt Seat Equitation Over Fences Entry Form
- 4-H Horse Records - What you need to know for Fair - Get the 4-H Resume and Horse Record and Advancement
- Horse Advancement Guide
- Breaking News: For Intermediates and Seniors in regular equitaiton classes: Intermediates need to be working on (not fininshed) with Riding level 2, Seniors working on (not finished) with Riding level 3. "Working on" means at least one item signed this year.
- Cover Art Contest
- Jessica Haney Scholarship
- 4-H Driving Clinic
- 4-H Dressage Clinic (added 4-16-15)
All 4-H Horse members are required to turn in record books and pass certain Advancement steps in order to participate in Horse Fair.