4-H Record Books

2018 Awards & Recognition Information

2018 Metro Awards & Recognition brochure

2018 Awards & Recognition Application Form 


All 4-H Horse members are required to turn in record books in order to participate in Horse Fair. Dates and other details are available here.


Record Book Evaluators Needed!



NEW! 4-H Memories: My 4-H Resume - a "what goes where" guide 


4-H Resume (formerly called the Permanent Record)

NEW! Use the My 4-H Resume on the State 4-H website for all your activities this year. 

  • If you want to type your Resume, follow these IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS:
  • Step 1: Check to make sure that you have a recently updated version of Adobe Reader for Windows or iOS (11 is the most recent version). Upgrade this free program if you need to. The State 4-H Affice also reccomends using Firefox as your browser.
  • Step 2: Download the fillable version of the Resume from the state website. Save it. Do not start typing into the form in your web browser - it will not save your changes.
  • Step 3: Open the 4-H Resume file that you just saved. It will now let you save your entries. Type in a few lines, save, close, and reopen the file to make sure it is working.
  • Step 4: Fill out the Resume. 
  • Step 5: If you fill up a page, download the "Individual Sections" from the state 4-H website. These pages say "Section _ - continued" at the top. You will need to create a new file for each extra page so name them carefully.


Do you have lots of old entries to transfer to the new Resume? The Resume Workbook might be helpful. 

  • Step 1: Paste your entries from your typed Permanent Record into the Workbook. 
  • Step 2: Cut, copy, edit, and rearrange your entires until they are correct and in order.
  • Step 3: Transfer entries one line at a time into the new Resume. Follow the instructions above to download the correct forms.
  • The Resume Workbook can NOT be turned in for county or state awards. You must finish the transfer process.


Wondering how to communicate what you've done? Check out our list of leadership words.

For 2015 and onward, all record books must contain the 4-H Resume and all entries since October 1, 2014 must be in the Resume. For county evaluation, members may either transfer their old entries from the Permanent Record into the Resume or they may place their Permanent Record behind the Resume.

4-H Project Records & Advancements

Most project records are available on the State 4-H Website - look for project resources under each project area. Other records not available on that page can be found here:

Non-Competitive Records

If you prefer to ease into records, you can use the non-competitive version. Members who choose this option receive a completion certificate but are not eligible for records-based awards.