- About Extension
- Get Involved
- Statewide Locations
4-H Youth Program
The Clackamas County 4-H program reaches more than 5,000 kids in our community each year. Youth ages 5 to 18 participate in clubs, after-school programs, school enrichment activities, and camps.We hope you enjoy exploring our site. The menu items on the left will help you find what you need quickly.
- Summer Conference
- County Fair
- Dog Project and Committee Resources
- HEARTH Project areas include Family and Consumer Science, Expressive Arts, Science and Technology, and Horticulture.
- Horse Fair and Prefair
- Livestock Project and Committee Information
- Older Youth Opportunities
- Small Animal Project and Committee Information
- Shooting Sports
- 4-H Association Board
- School Programs and Teacher Resources
- Record Books
- Blueberry Bee Citizen Science Project
- Tractor Training
Speakeasy Public Speaking Workshop
Saturday, May 14th, 10:00am-3:00pm
Clackamas Couty Extension Annex, Oregon City
Speakeasy is a 4-H public speaking workshop. It is designed for youth but parents are encouraged to attend Speakeasy, too! We start with simple speaking games and learn the ABC’s of public speaking. Participants will have fun creating a team presentation using provided props and costumes. What will we do?
- Play speaking games
- Learn how to do a presentation
- Make posters
- Use fun kits
Help your child develop an important life skill by attending the Speakeasy workshop. Being able to deliver a presentation or speech is a required standard from the third grade through college. Presentations can be given at 4-H meetings, the county and state fair presentation contests or at school. Participating adults will be better prepared to help their children and club members prepare a presentation after attending this workshop.
Space is limited to 20 youth, so call 503-655-8635 to sign up, or email Jan Williams