The Clackamas County 4-H program reaches more than 5,000 kids in our community each year. Youth in kindergarten through high school participate in clubs, after-school programs, school enrichment activities, and camps.We hope you enjoy exploring our site. The menu items on the left will help you find what you need quickly.
Dog Project and Committee Resources
Horse Fair and Prefair
Livestock Project and Committee Information
Older Youth Opportunities
Small Animal Project and Committee Information
Youth Tractor Safety & Certification Course
The Clackamas County 4-H Youth Tractor Certification Course is a 22-24 hour program designed to teach safety as it relates to driving and managing farm implements. It offers both classroom and hands-on tractor driving experiences, for youth ages 14-17 who are interested in summer employment opportunities in the upcoming agricultural season.
· Cost $75/participant (non-refundable), which includes Safe Operation of Agricultural Equipment Manual, lunch on Friday, and snacks Wednesday and Thursday.
· Pre-Registration is required and due at least two weeks prior to beginning date of class.
· Students must be 14 by the first day of class. 4-H / FFA membership not required.
· Classes held at North Willamette Research Extension Center (NWREC), 15210 NE Miley Road, Aurora, OR. NWREC is located 1 mile east of I-5 (exits 282 or 282B).
· Participants must attend all sessions to receive certification.
Additional forms required for participation here:
Waiver of Liability, Health and Code of Conduct
Register soon - limited number of spaces available