HEARTH Advisory Meetings
The HEARTH Advisory is responsible for the 4-H Exhibit Hall activities and projects - SpringFest, Big FUN Food Day, workshops, fair, etc. HEARTH leader meetings are the 3rd Mondays of most months, 7:00 pm at the Extension office. All home economics, expressive arts, horticulture, and clover buds (adventures) leaders and parents are strongly encouraged to attend these meetings. Please help the youth involved in the HEARTH projects and become involved with this Advisory. We need YOU to make it happen!
Chair/4-H Hall Overall Superintendent - Mel Jeffrey
Secretary/Fashion Revue Superintendent - Karen Jeffrey-Markowski
Expressive Arts Superintendent - Loyal Hjelmervik
Fiber Arts, Knitting, Crochet, Desigining Spaces Superintendent - Ann-Marie Pegnone
Cothing & Textiles Superintendent - Becky Waverly
Photography, Videography, Creative Writing Superintendent - Laura Jeffrey
Natural Science, STEM, Educational Displays Superintendent - Kathy Weidemann
Presentations, Foods Contest Superintendent - Susan Simpson
Foods & Nutrition Superintendent - Karey Gibson
Horticulture Superintendent - Janet Jordan
HEARTH Advisory Minutes:
June 16, 20014May 19, 2014
January 20, 2014
April 15, 2013
January 19, 2009
March 18, 2013
February 18, 2013
November 11, 2008
October 20, 2008
HEARTH requirements for Fair eligibility
- HEARTH Science Workshops - March 4, 2017, Pre-Registration Required. Designed for Intermediate and Senior 4-H members to promote advancing skills in the science projects.
- HEARTH FCS (Family & Consumer Sciences) Workshops - March 11, 2017, Pre-Registration Required. Designed for Intermediate and Senior 4-H members to promote advancing skills in photography, horticulture, sewing and Art painting projects.
- HEARTH Bake Sale (fundraiser) - March 18 and October 21, 2017
- Blue Ribbon workshops - (April 22, 2017) This event is intended for Cloverbuds and Junior level 4-H members. Activities and classes will be introductory and beginning level HEARTH projects, including: photography, art, sewing, cooking, natural science, leathercraft and horticulture.
- SpringFest Contest Clinics - (May 20, 2017) Focus is on Jr., Int. and Sr. 4-H member contest prep for County Fair, including: Presentations, Fashion Revue, Flower Arranging, FCS Challenge, Great American Cookie Contest, Quick Fix, Food For Fun, and more!
- Foods Contest Guide webpage (updated for 2016)
- 2016 Fashion Revue Challenge - The challenge this year is for participants to utilize unconventional materials to create a garment. The outer appearance of their look must be less than 50% fabric. Muslin/fabric backing for structure is allowed. This is a county only contest and will have the same participation requirements as regular fashion revue (I.e judging day and public show involvement).
Recycle/Reuse Explanation Card