Small Animal Advisory Committee
Meetings are the third Tuesday of most months, 7:00 pm at the Extension office. All 4-H rabbit, cavy, poultry, & pigeon leaders, parents, and older youth members are encouraged to attend.
Committee Operational Guidelines
- Jacob Johnson - Chair
- Kevin Re - Vice-Chair
- Wesley Wilsea - Secretary
- Paula Means - Treasurer
- Rose Re - Poultry & Pigeon Superintendent
- Cathy Mclaugherty - Rabbit & Cavy Superintendent
Small Animal Events
June 15 (2013), at the fairgrounds at 9:00am. Registration is $5 per member, or $10 per family. See the flier for agenda and other details
- 4-H Small Animal Spring Fling - (May)
Annual Rabbit, Cavy, Poultry and Pigeons show, held at the Clackamas County Fairgrounds. View the 2013 Poultry flier or Rabbit/Cavy flier for more information.
County Fair Resources
Small Animal Master Showmanship
Rules and project information
County Fair Market Rabbits and Poultry
- Rabbits: A pen consists of three rabbits – not over five pounds and not over ten weeks old. Breed date is not before May 10, 2012. Weigh-in will take place at County Fair on Monday, August 13 from 8:00 to 9:00 pm. Members may still weigh in five animals but will only be allowed to enter three. Additional rabbits must be removed from the fairgrounds, so please plan ahead.
- Poultry youth need to turn in a Market Chicken entry form to Kathy Mayfield by May 30.
- 2013 Junior Livestock Auction Rules