Small Animal Advisory Committee
Meetings are the third Tuesday of January, April, May, June, July, September, and November, 7:00 pm at the Extension office. All 4-H rabbit, cavy, cat, poultry, & pigeon leaders, parents, and older youth members are encouraged to attend.
- Kelsey Rainsberger - Chair
- Pat Partipilo - Vice-Chair
- Cathy McClaugherty - Secretary
- Maggie Cherry - Poultry & Pigeon Superintendent
- Kelsey Partipilo - Rabbit & Cavy Superintendent
- Holly Wheeler - Cat Superintendent
Committee Operational Guidelines
Small Animal Events
Waterfowl at County Events (plan as of Jan 2016)
Workshop (February 6, 2016)
Annual Small Animal Workshop for youth to learn and practice showmanship and proper handling of rabbits, cavies, poultry and pigeons. Activities and information about breed identification, record keeping, educational displays and much more. Excellent opportunity for individuals who are new to Small Animal 4-H projects!
4-H Small Animal Spring Fling - (May 20, 2017)
Annual Rabbit, Cavy, Poultry and Pigeons show, held at the Clackamas County Fairgrounds. View the 2017 Poultry flier or Rabbit/Cavy flier for more information.
Pre Fair (June)
June 11, 2016 at the fairgrounds. There will be activities for members in Poultry, Pigeon, Rabbits, Cavies, and Cats.
Small Animal Social (July)
- Tuesday, July 19, 7:00 pm - Extension Annex meeting room
- Come for dessert and get your fair questions answered
- Cavy tagging and Rabbit tattooing available.
County Fair Resources
Small Animal Master Showmanship
Rules and project information
County Fair Market Rabbits and Poultry
State Fair Small Animal Entry Application Due Friday during fair, 2:00pm