Small Animal Advisory Committee
Meetings are the third Tuesday of most months, 7:00 pm at the Extension office. All 4-H rabbit, cavy, poultry, & pigeon leaders, parents, and older youth members are encouraged to attend.
Committee Operational Guidelines
- Jacob Johnson - Chair
- Kevin Re - Vice-Chair
- Wesley Wilsea - Secretary
- Paula Means - Treasurer
- Rose Re - Poultry & Pigeon Superintendent
- Cathy Mclaugherty - Rabbit & Cavy Superintendent
Small Animal Events
Annual Small Animal Workshop for youth to learn and practice showmanship and proper handling of rabbits, cavies, poultry and pigeons. Activities and information about breed identification, record keeping, educational displays and much more. Excellent opportunity for individuals who are new to Small Animal 4-H projects!
June 15 (2013), at the fairgrounds at 9:00am. Registration is $5 per member, or $10 per family. See the flier for agenda and other details
- 4-H Small Animal Spring Fling - (May)
Annual Rabbit, Cavy, Poultry and Pigeons show, held at the Clackamas County Fairgrounds. View the 2014 Poultry flier or Rabbit/Cavy flier for more information.
County Fair Resources
Small Animal Master Showmanship
Rules and project information
County Fair Market Rabbits and Poultry
- Rabbits: A pen consists of three rabbits – not over five pounds and not over ten weeks old. Breed date is not before May 10, 2012. Weigh-in will take place at County Fair on Monday, August 13 from 8:00 to 9:00 pm. Members may still weigh in five animals but will only be allowed to enter three. Additional rabbits must be removed from the fairgrounds, so please plan ahead.
- Poultry youth need to turn in a Market Chicken entry form to Kathy Mayfield by May 30.
- 2013 Junior Livestock Auction Rules