Latest News

rss icon image
2017 Master Gardener classes start in Vernonia on Feburary 21st!

Do you want to learn more about plants, growing things and gardening? Are you eager to participate in a practical and intensive training program? Do you look forward to sharing your knowledge with people in your area? Do you have time to attend training and to complete volunteer work? If you have answered yes to these questions, check out the Oregon Master Gardener program! THE CLASS WILL FILL UP FAST - HURRY!

The Extension Service is here to serve the residents of Columbia County, providing knowledge from universities nationwide. We provide research-based information to families, youths, schools, agricultural producers, home gardeners, foresters and governments.

Our office offers a variety of programs, which include 4-H Youth Development, Home Gardening, Agriculture and Small Farms, Family and Community Health, Forestry & Natural Resources and Master Gardeners.


We publish three newsletters from our office:

If you would like to receive these newsletters by email or mail, please give the office a call.


News Items:


9 Reasons Why Being In 4-H Makes You A Better Person

Your head, heart, hands, and health for a better future.

If the smell of pigs brings gut-wrenching nostalgia; if cross-stitching a lighthouse deep into the night gets your gears going; if you feel upset when two cookies from the same batch look dissimilar—you might be a born-and-raised 4-H member.

Which means you are a better person than most. 9 REASONS WHY!






Hours of Operation
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Closed Fridays from Noon to 1 p.m.


OSU Columbia County Extension

505 N. Columbia River Hwy

St. Helens, OR 97051

PH: 503-397-3462

FAX: 503-397-3467

For information on public transportation, visit the Columbia County Rider website.


We offer classes, workshops, opportunities for youth and adult volunteer activities:

Volunteer as a Master Gardener, Master Woodland Manager, or with the 4-H youth program

Nutrition education events

Home Garden educational events


Columbia County General State/County Resources

Free community events in Portland and Beaverton offer soil testing and more
New office offers meeting space for community
Miles Phillips brings a speciality in recreation-based tourism
Oregon's Agricultural Progress
The research magazine for Oregon State University Agricultural Experiment Station
Ask an Expert logo
Ask an Expert
Addressing real-life questions with research-based answers... Ask an Expert at Oregon State University.
OSU Extension Catalog
The Catalog is the source for current, peer-reviewed, research-based learning materials published by OSU Extension.
Share this