- About Extension
- Get Involved
- Statewide Locations
Forestry & Natural Resources Extension
Serving Columbia, Washington & Yamhill Counties
Promoting better woodlands management through education
Forests cover 80% of Columbia County, and more than half of Washington and Yamhill Counties. Our region is home to more than 5,000 families and individuals that own manage small woodland properties for multiple benefits - investment and timber, quality habitat for wildlife, recreation, or all of the above and more.
We provide woodland owners and managers with objective, research-based information and educational resources to help them make informed stewardship and management decisions. We bring state and national expertise to the community through our affiliation with the OSU Forestry and Natural Resources Extension Program and the OSU College of Forestry. We work collaboratively with many community organizations that have a shared interest in our region's forests, including soil and water conservation districts, watershed councils, landowner organizations, school districts and state agencies.
Resources for you...
- Find out about our upcoming educational programs.
- Read the TreeTopics blog for woodland owners and managers. You can also subscribe to receive the latest posts in your inbox.
- Read and subscribe to our quarterly newsletter.
- Browse the OSU Extension Catalog for publications related to all aspects of woodland management.
Frequently requested information
- Forest management planning - webpage with guidance and templates
- Looking for tree seedlings or planting advice?
- Looking for contractors, log buyers, or other professional services? Check out the Oregon Forest Industry Directory
- Not sure where to start? Try KnowYourForest.org.
Who we are
Amy Grotta is the Forestry & Natural Resources Extension agent serving Columbia, Washington and Yamhill Counties. She has a faculty appointment in the OSU College of Forestry. Contact Amy