Sources of Assistance for Woodland Owners


Master Woodland Managers

Master Woodland Managers are local woodland owners who have experience caring for their own land; and who have received specialized training from OSU Extension to help other woodland owners on a volunteer basis. A Master Woodland Manager can consult with you on your site, direct you to further sources of assistance, and provide the perspective of a peer woodland owner, community member, and/or neighbor.

If you would like to be connected with a Master Woodland Manager that can help you with your questions, please complete and submit a MWM Request Form.

Oregon Department of Forestry

ODF Stewardship Foresters are available to assist with on-site technical assistance and forest practice compliance. These services are free of charge. To obtain the assistance of your area's Stewardship Forester, contact your local ODF office:
Columbia City office (Columbia County): (503) 397-2636
Forest Grove office (Washington and Yamhill Counties): (503) 357-2191

Natural Resources Conservation Service

The NRCS provides technical and financial assistance for conservation-related projects on forest and agricultural lands. There is a NRCS office in each county; for contact information view the NRCS website.