- About Extension
- Get Involved
- Statewide Locations
Nutrition Education Program
The Nutrition Education Program through the OSU Extension Service in Coos County is the SNAP-Ed program. The SNAP-Ed program works to deliver nutrition and physical activity education to SNAP eligible populations throughout Coos County. The goal of SNAP-Ed is to improve the likelihood that persons eligible for SNAP will make healthy food and lifestyle choices that prevent obesity.
Our programming includes...
- Nutrition and physical activity education for elementary and middle school students
- Support for school gardens
- Support for school wellness committees and healthy lunchroom initiatives
- Provide physical activity kits for teachers and lead trainings on physical activity breaks in the classroom
- Assessments for food pantries and schools
- Sessions at 4-H Camps and Outdoor Schools
- Food tastings at public events
- Food demonstrations and tastings at local food banks
- Adult education classes
- Programming at local Farmers' Markets
- And more!
Links to other nutrition resources:
- Food Hero - A great resource with over 250 easy, low cost recipes that your family will love!
Read current and past Food Hero Monthlies, Food Hero's monthly nutrition magazine!