- About Extension
- Get Involved
- Statewide Locations
Agriculture & Natural Resources
Oregon State University Extension's agricultural program provides people with agriculture related needs and interests, education, training, and technical assistance.
Major program emphasis is on food and fiber production, farm business management, marketing and processing of agricultural products, and resource use and conservation.
Soils and Fertilizers
- http://extension.oregonstate.edu/catalog/ (Link)
View 100+ publications about agriculture...
- Crook County Rural Living Handbook (PDF)
For people moving to or currently living in Crook County; whether you have 1 or 100 acres, learn what resources are available in your area.
- Integrated Plant Protection Center (www.ipmnet.org)
Pesticide Safety and Integrated Plant Management (IPM) Program. Everything from farm safety, pesticide licenses to bed bugs!
- Various Labs and Services:
Distance Digital Diagnostics
Food Safety and Environmental Stewardship Lab
Laboratories Serving Oregon - Soil, Water, Plant Tissue, and Feed Analysis
(Agri Check, Inc. has changed their name to Ag Source Laboratories, email@example.com)
National Forage Testing Association
Nematode Testing Service
Plant Clinic - Corvallis
Plant Clinic - Hermiston
Soil Physical Characterization Laboratory
- Calibrating Backpack Sprayers (video on http://media.oregonstate.edu)
Backpack sprayers are relatively easy to use--and to misuse. This video shows basic sprayer components and how to use them appropriately. It also outlines how to calibrate the sprayer, calculate application rates, and mix pesticides.
- NRCS Soil Survey Data
- 2011 Crook County Agricultural Commodity Sales
- Oregon Wildlife Explorer - Natural Resources Digital Library
Information on wildlife in Oregon for management agencies, landowners, land managers, and wildlife viewing enthusiasts.
- Small Farms - Oregon State University Extension Service
The Oregon Small Farms website provides information for the commercial small farmer as well as the small acreage landowner. It is hosted by the Oregon State University Extension Small Farms Program.
- The Small Farm Resource ...established 1995
- National Animal Health Monitoring System
- Alberta Beef
Plant Disease Management Handbook
- Forage Information System - Oregon State University Index
- Grass Seed Research in Central Oregon