- About Extension
- Get Involved
- Statewide Locations
Dairy Cows / Dairy Goats
Troy Downing, OSU Extension Dairy Faculty/Tillamook County (503) 842-5708 x 211
The Extension Dairy Program serves Tillamook, Clatsop, Columbia, and Washington counties providing education, training, and technical assistance to people with dairy related needs and interests. Major program efforts include enterprise budgeting, waste management, forage management, nutrition, air emissions, labor, and facilities design.
- General Information/Resources -
- Publications (Link)
View 100+ publications about agriculture...
- ODA Animal Health Updates (Link)
- Oregon Department of Agriculture (Link)
- Oregon Small Farms Program (Link)
- OSU College of Agricultural Sciences (Link)
- USDA - APHIS (Link)
- Goat Equipment & Housing Plans (Link)
- Sustainable Dairy Goat Production (Publication Link)
This publication is intended for those interested in starting a commercial goat dairy. It discusses the five major considerations to be addressed in planning for dairy goat production: labor, sales and marketing, processing, regulations, and budgeting and economics. A resource list for further information about dairy goat production follows the end notes.
- Dairy Goat Production Guide (PDF)
Dairy goat production is an alternative livestock enterprise suitable for many small-scale or part-time livestock operations. Goat's milk has specialized because of its composition.
- Status of Current Eradication Programs (PDF)