- About Extension
- Get Involved
- Statewide Locations
Family & Community Health (FCH) & Food Preservation
Everyone deserves a nurturing family and caring community. Oregon families are strengthened as a result of Family and Community Health interdisciplinary educational programs and community partnerships.County Extension faculty working with subject matter specialists at Oregon State University, take the research and expertise of Oregon State University's College of Home Economics and Education to citizens throughout the state.Through workshops, seminars, newsletters, consumer bulletins, home study courses, presentations to community groups, and mass media, Extension faculty and volunteers bring the latest information to families.The Extension Family and Community Health programs focus is in three areas:
- Diet, Nutrition, & Health
- Family Development & Resource Management
- Leadership & Community Development
Helpful Links for FCH Programs:
- OSU Extension Family Community Health Page (Link)
- https://www.facebook.com/OSUExtensionFoodPres?ref=hl (Link)
For more information about Family & Community Health (FCH) programs in Central Oregon, click here ◊ or contact the:
Crook County Extension Service
498 SE Lynn Blvd.
Prineville, OR 97754
(541) 447-6228 Office
(541) 416-2115 Fax
- General Information/Resources -
- - CALENDAR - (Link)
- Publications (Link)
View 100+ publications about agriculture...
- Crook County Food Handlers License (Link)
- Getting Your Pressure Canner Lid Tested In Crook County (Link)
Pressure canners with a dial gauge should be tested yearly for accuracy. The Crook County Extension Service will test your dial-gauge canner (lid) at no cost Monday through Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Please call ahead for an appointment (541) 447-6228. For more information see publication PNW 421, Using and Caring For Your Pressure Canner (PDF), which can be obtained at the OSU Crook County Extension office.
- Lane County Food Preservation & Food Safety Publications (Link)
- National Center for Home Food Preservation (Link)
- OSU Food Preservation & Food Safety Publications (Link)
- USDA Food Safety (Link)
Updated information on food handling, recalls, irradiation, foodborne illness, and food safety resources.
- Washington State University Food Preservation & Food Safety Publications (Link)