- About Extension
- Get Involved
- Statewide Locations
Forestry & Natural Resources
The Forestry and Natural Resources Extension Program (Link) provides objective, research-based information and educational opportunities for woodland owners, industrial forest owners, logging operators, natural resource professionals, and public audiences.
The main goal of the program is to improve stewardship, and to enhance the long term management of central Oregon forests and watershed resources.
Learn about educational programs related to:
- Thinning & Stand Management
- Fire & Fuel Reduction
- Timber Harvesting
- Insects & Disease
- Urban & Home Tree Care
- General Information/Resources -
- - CALENDAR - (Link)
- Publications (Link)
View 100+ publications about agriculture...
- KnowYourForest.org (Link)
A new website for forest landowners.
- Oregon Small Woodlands Association (OSWA) (Link)
A member-based association that represents small woodland owners in Oregon.
- Blue Mountains Renewable Resources Newsletter (Link)
- Contracts for Woodland Owners (PDF)
- Individual Tree Selection (ITS) in a Northeast Oregon Mixed Conifer Forest: https://ir.library.oregonstate.edu/xmlui/bitstream/handle/1957/42986/em9083.pdf
- New Fire Publication.pdf: A Land Manager's Guide for Creating Fire-Resistant Forests
- Mixed Conifer and Hardwood Forest Management in Southwest Oregon
- Two-Aged Stand Management in the Coast Range: