- About Extension
- Get Involved
- Statewide Locations
Irrigation is the artificial application of water. In agricultural terms, irrigation means the action of applying water to land in order to supply crops and other plants with necessary water.
- General Information/Resources -
- Publications (Link)
View 100+ publications about agriculture...
- Department of Environmental Quality (Link)
Groundwater is vital to the public health, economy, and environment of Oregon. Oregon’s groundwater has many uses including drinking water and other household uses, irrigation for crops, numerous industrial and commercial uses, and base flow to streams. In Oregon, the Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) has the primary authority for groundwater quality protection.
- Irrigation Districts Crop Report Summaries:
North Unit Irrigation District
Ochoco Irrigation District
- NEW - Drip Irrigation Guide for Onion Growers
- NEW - Drip Irrigation Guide for Growers of Hybrid Poplar
- NEW - Successful Potato Irrigation Scheduling
- NEW - Drip Irrigation Guide for Potatoes
- Irrigation 101 (PDF)
- Limited Irrigation and Rain this Year? (PDF)
- OSU Review Details Negative Impact of Pesticides and Fertilizers on Amphibians (PDF)