Cattle | Dairy Cows / Dairy Goats | Equine | Goats | Poultry | Sheep | Swine
- General Information/Resources -
- Publications (Link)
View 100+ publications...
- Agricultural Sciences Department at OSU (LinK)
- Animal Science Department at OSU (Link)
- Building and Facility Plans (Link)
These building and facility plans were developed over many years by engineers at Land Grant Universities. The provide conceptual information that is excellent for planning purposes. Plan Categories are: Beef, Construction, Crops, Dairy, Horse, Machinery, Housing, Poultry, Sheep, Swine, and Miscellaneous.
- Calculating Fair Pasture Rental Rates (pdf)
- Central Oregon Livestock Auction (Link)
- 2013 4-H/FFA Livestock Producers List (pdf)
This is a list of producers who have confirmed they will have animals available for purchase (not all producers are listed).
- Rangeland Ecology and Management Department at OSU (Link)
- Livestock Districts (Link)
Livestock means cattle, all equidae (horses, donkeys, mules, asses, etc.), sheep, and goats. Swine are not allowed to run at large anywhere in Oregon; they must be kept on the owner's property.
Information About Livestock Districts & Open Range (Link)
Crook County Open Range/Closed Range Map 1 (pdf)
Crook County Open Range/Closed Range Map 2 (pdf)
Deschutes County Open Range (Link)
- Beef and Pork Whole Animal Buying Guide (pdf)
For folks interested in buying halves and quarters, this buying guide has things like "how much meat will I get?", safe handling instructions, "how much freezer space do I need?", marketing terms (grass-fed, organic, etc.), information on aging, what the different cuts look like, etc.
- Best of the West Magazine (Link)
Showcasing agriculture, livestock and agribusiness.
Livestock Brand Information