- About Extension
- Get Involved
- Statewide Locations
Applications are due by 5pm on Friday, February 14, 2014.
Curry County 4-H offers scholarships for graduating seniors and 4-H Alumni. To qualify, applicants must be a senior in high school or have graduated from a high school in Curry County. Applicants must also have completed a minimum of three years of 4-H including the current year and have an up-to-date 4-H Record Book. See below for a full list of requirements:
- Complete and submit the Oregon State 4-H Scholarship Application. This includes an essay.
- Two letters of recommendation. One from school and one from a 4-H Leader.
- Up-to-date 4-H Record Book.
- Copy of transcripts (High School or College)
- Indicate the County Scholarship you are applying for in the area for State Scholarship Selection
- Review the Rules & Requirements for selection and payment procedures.
- Blanche Grover Wellock Memorial (4-H Alumni Scholarship): Blanche was a 10-year Curry County 4-H member. She excelled in several 4-H projects including horse, knitting, clothing, forestry, flower gardening and food preparation. She received a Bachelor of Science degree in Animal Science in Maryland. Blanche represented the Oregon 4-H program as an International 4-H Youth Exchange (IFYE) to Finland. She was a loyal supporter of the 4-H club program and volunteered many hours assisting at county 4-H camp, 4-H trail rides, international programs and helping 4-H members with horsemanship.
- Graduating Seniors
- Town & Country Animal Clinic ($500)
- Shear Heaven ($250)
- Dora Rumsey (2 x $500)
Captain John Yegge 4-H Memorial Scholarship
This annual $200 scholarship has been established in memory of Captain John Yegge to recognize his love and compassion for all animals. Each year, one boy and one girl are eligible for this award.
Who is elibgible to apply? Students grades 4th-12th that exhibit a love for animals, but may not have the financial ability to start a new small animal 4-H project are eligible to apply. Award recipients must carry the animal as a project and exhibit the animal at the 2013 Curry County Fair. Interested students must submit an application and short essay explaining why they believe they should be selected along with a signed parental consent statement.
- Captain John Yegge 4-H Memorial Scholarship Application.
The State 4-H Program in Oregon offers scholarships to college-bound high school seniors who are currently enrolled in the Oregon 4-H program, and have been members for a minimum of three years, including the current year.
For more information on Oregon State 4-H Scholarships visit:
Other Scholarship Opportunities for 4-H Members:
Dog Project Scholarship
The Chintimini Kennel Club, Corvallis, Oregon, offers a $1000 scholarship annually for post-secondary education to Oregon high school seniors. Those who are involved in dog-related activities such as Conformation, Obedience, Agility, Guide or Hearing Dog raising, etc. are encouraged to apply. Leadership and community/school activities also are considered. The scholarship is in honor of Dr. Jodi Engels, a long time Oregon State University faculty member who was a leader in many aspects of dog sports both locally and nationally. Applicants must enroll in a college, university, community college, or vocational education program by winter term of the year following graduation from high school. Application deadline April 30.
Applications and more information about the scholarship may be found at the Chintimini Kennel Club web site: www.chintiminikennelclub.com/jodiapplication.pdf.
Oregon Fairs Foundation
The Oregon Fairs Foundation offers this scholarship to support further education for 4-H members who have activitely participated in and supported the county fairs during their 4-H career. The purpose of the scholarship is to provide incentive for further education to an Oregon 4-H member as well as to recognize the meritorious work and achievment in 4-H at county fairs.
Review the rules and requirements of this scholarship and download the application on the state website at: http://oregon.4h.oregonstate.edu/2009-state-fair-4h-scholarship-summary