- About Extension
- Get Involved
- Statewide Locations
Hollinshead Community Garden
About the Gardens:
- Hollinshead Community Garden is located in the Bend Parks and Recreation District Hollinshead Park, 1237 NE Jones Rd, Bend, Oregon.
- The Garden is managed by OSU Extension Service Master Gardeners.
- There are 90 garden plots available to rent to the public for organic vegetable gardening.
- Cost of the plots is $25 (10' x 10') and $35 (10' x 15'), including automatic watering.
- Five demonstration beds surround the community garden. They show examples of perennials, annuals, herbs, ornamental grasses and plants that attract beneficial insects & butterflies that grow successfully in Central Oregon.
- Garden classes are provided throughout the gardening season at Hollinshead Park. See the COMGA or OSU/Deschutes County Extension website for information and the schedule for 2016.
About Getting A Garden Plot at Hollinshead Park:
- Registration is April 30, 2015 at 8:30 am, RAIN OR SHINE! It is done in person at the garden on a first come, first serve basis. Sign-ups start promptly at 9 am but the line forms early and is outdoors so dress for the weather.
- Returning gardeners in good standing retain their plot. There are a variable number of plots for new gardeners available each year.
- A waiting list will be taken if all plots are filled. Plots frequently open up during the gardening season.
- Come prepared to work (work gloves and tools). All renters are expected to contribute 2 hours of volunteer time to the community garden on the opening and closing days of the garden. Tasks include such things as laying out hoses, putting wood chips on the pathways and weeding.