- About Extension
- Get Involved
- Statewide Locations
Northwest Crossing Community Garden
About the Gardens:
- NWX Community Garden is located on Discovery Park Drive, near the dog park in the NWX neighborhood of Bend.
- The Garden is on property owned by West Bend Property Co, and is managed by OSU Master Gardener Volunteers.
- Cost of a raised bed (4' x 12') is $30 ($25 for seniors)
- Each bed has microsprayers. The time they come on and the length of time they run is controlled automatically and is adjusted continually throughout the season to compensate for weather.
- All beds are assigned to an OSU Master Gardener Volunteer who acts as a mentor. Gardener Meetings, including mini-classes, are held on the 4th Saturday of the month at 9:30am through the gardening season.
About Getting A Garden Plot at Northwest Crossing:
- Opening Day is Saturday, April 29, 2017 beginning at 9:00am. This is required of all gardeners. After completing a 1/2 hr. of general work (weeding and preparation for the upcoming season), gardeners can register for a bed. Following registration, there will be informational presentation to get gardeners started.
- Returning gardeners in good standing can retain their bed from the previous year. If a returning gardener wishes to change beds or rent a second bed, they must stand in line with new gardeners at registration on Opening Day.
- Opening Day takes place in the garden. Please come ready to work. Dress for the weather. We suggest that you bring gloves and tools (shovel, trowel, rake, etc).
For further information contact or Tina at email@example.com 541-318-0426.