- About Extension
- Get Involved
- Statewide Locations
Northwest Crossing Community Garden
About the Gardens:
- NWX Community Garden is located on Discovery Park Drive, near the dog park in the NWX neighborhood of Bend.
- The Garden is on property owned by West Bend Property Co, and is managed by OSU Master Gardener Volunteers.
- Cost of a raised bed (4' x 12') is $30 ($25 for seniors)
- Each bed has microsprayers. The time they come on and the length of time they run is controlled automatically and is adjusted continually throughout the season to compensate for weather.
- All beds are assigned to an OSU Master Gardener Volunteer who acts as a mentor. Gardener Meetings, including mini-classes, are held on the 4th Saturday of the month at 9:30am through the gardening season.
About Getting A Garden Plot at Northwest Crossing:
- Opening Day is May 7, 2016 beginning at 9:30am. This is required of all gardeners. After completing a 1/2 hr. of general work (weeding and preparation for the upcoming season), gardeners can register for a bed. Following registration, there will be informational presentation to get gardeners started.
- Returning gardeners in good standing can retain their bed from the previous year. If a returning gardener wishes to change beds or rent a second bed, they must stand in line with new gardeners at registration on Opening Day.
- Opening Day takes place in the garden. Please come ready to work. Dress for the weather. We suggest that you bring gloves and tools (shovel, trowel, rake, etc).