- About Extension
- Get Involved
- Statewide Locations
1. Classes and Programs held through the year. Please register by calling Holly at 541-672-4461 or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please check our online Calendar of Events for more information about upcoming classes.
2. Tree School Umpqua 2014 - March 27, 2014 in Roseburg Oregon. (Email your mailing address to email@example.com to receive the next Tree School Umpqua brochure when available in February, 2014. )
Tree School is coming back to Douglas County and Roseburg Oregon!
This annual summer event in SW Oregon is a one-day mini-college for family forestland owners, foresters, loggers, arborists, teachers and the public. Classes typically include vegetation management and reforestration, riparian planting and silviculture, insects and diseases of conifers and hardwoods, thinning, small scale logging, wildfire, hydrogeology and water regulations, soils, forest protection rules, tree identification, Christmas tree management, certification and sustainability, and cruising, falling, bucking, and scaling timber.
3. Douglas County School Forestry Tour (Glide School Forestry Tour)
May 13-16, 2014 (Tuesday thru Friday)
This Tour has been held annually for more than 53 years at the Douglas County Glide Educational Forest. It is an outdoor educational program for Douglas County fifth-grade students. Students spend a day in the woods learning about archaeology, fisheries, fire management, forest management, forest products, tree identification and wildlife. Volunteer instructors from natural resource agencies, private industry, and non-profit organizations make the event possible by donating their time and sharing their expertise with the students.
4. Master Woodland Manager Volunteer Program
Interested in becoming a Master Woodland Manager in Douglas County? Call for details at 541-672-4461 (or 1-800-883-7568 in Douglas County). Or email Steve Bowers at: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, visit the statewide Master Woodland Manager website.
5. Additional Articles of interest below
Last Update: 02/07/2014
Many of the materials on this site are available in PDF. To view our online materials, download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.