- About Extension
- Get Involved
- Statewide Locations
Classes and Programs held through the year. Please register by calling Holly at 541-672-4461 or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please check our online Calendar of Events for more information about upcoming classes.
Douglas County School Forestry Tour (Glide School Forestry Tour) (click here for registration flyer)
May 12-15, 2015 9am to 2pm (Tuesday thru Friday)
This Tour has been held annually for more than 54 years at the Douglas County Glide Educational Forest. It is an outdoor educational program for Douglas County fifth-grade students. Students spend a day in the woods learning about archaeology, fisheries, fire management, forest management, forest products, tree identification and wildlife. Volunteer instructors from natural resource agencies, private industry, and non-profit organizations make the event possible by donating their time and sharing their expertise with the students.
- Directions to School Tour site
- Information for Teachers bringing students to the Tour
* 2015 Tour Loop Map
* 2015 - Teacher SFT Guidelines
- Instructors for Tuesday, May 12, 2015
- Instructors for Wednesday, May 13, 2015
- Instructors for Thursday, May 14, 2015
- Instructors for Friday, May 15, 2015
3. Master Woodland Manager Volunteer Program
Interested in becoming a Master Woodland Manager in Douglas County? Call for details at 541-672-4461 (or 1-800-883-7568 in Douglas County). Or email Steve Bowers at: email@example.com
For more information, visit the statewide Master Woodland Manager website.
4. Additional Articles of interest below
Last Update: 02/26/2015
Many of the materials on this site are available in PDF. To view our online materials, download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.