- About Extension
- Get Involved
- Statewide Locations
Food Safety & Master Food Preservers
OSU Extension delivers the latest research on preparing food safely and preserving the flavor of your bountiful garden. Sign up for OSU Extension's canning classes, download food preservation publications, or view a multimedia presentation about canning fruits or canning vegetables.
Julie Roth, Master Food Preserver Support and Office ManagerPh: 541-236-3040 (or Front Office phones 541-672-4461) E-mail Julie Roth
- Recipes and Publications for Food Preservation and Safety (OSU/FCH)
- Recipes and Publications for Food Preservation and Safety (OSU/Lane County)
- Seasonal Oregon Statewide Hotline for Food Safety and Food Preservation Inquiries
- 2014 Pressure Gauge Testing Schedule
- Classes on food preservation, safety, and preparation. Join in the fun while learning from certified OSU Master Food Preserver educators and volunteers!
- Jam Session - Making your own fruit delights – Sept 6, 2014 (Registration due Sept 2, 2014)
- Fun with Fermentation: sauerkraut, kimchi, dill pickles – Sept 21, 2014 (Registration due Sept 15, 2014)
- Canning Tomatoes & Salsa – Oct 4, 2014 (Registration due Sept 29, 2014)
- Homemade Cheese, Yogurt & Kefir - Oct 12, 2014 (Registration due Oct 6, 2014)
- Hunt to Home: Home wild game processing - Oct 25, 2014 (Registration due Oct 20, 2014)
- Wellness Ink Newsletter from Coos County OSU Extension Service
Seasonal food related information & recipes
- Links to food related resources and recipes
- National Center for Home Food Preservation (University of Georgia).
- Lane County OSU Extension Food Preservation Web Page
- OSU Extension Service - Family and Community Health Department
- ODA Food Safety Division, Licensing and inspections (for food businesses).
- OSU Publications - Nutrition & Foods
- Oregon State University Department of Food Science & Technology
Utah State University Publications
Eating Well Made Easy (Various Food Preparation Manuals)
Last Update: 08/01/2014
Many of the documents on this site are available in Adobe Acrobat PDF. You'll need to download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to view these materials.