- About Extension
- Get Involved
- Statewide Locations
Forestry & Natural Resources Extenstion
Achieving superior woodlands management & forest stewardship through educaton
We are a locally-based OSU Forestry and Natural Resources Extension Program providing objective, research-based information and educational opportunities for woodland owners, industrial forest owners, logging operators, natural resource professionals, and public audiences. Whether you own forestland, work in the forest industry, or simply visit Oregon forests, we are ready to answer questions, provide training, and give on-the-ground support.
Get the most out of the land you love!
Douglas County's breathtaking landscape is made up of 80% forested land. Within our county, over 4,000 families manage small woodlands that provide multiple ecosystem services which benefit the entire community. OSU Extension Forestry & Natural Resources programs provide woodland owners and managers with the resources they need to make informed stewardship and management decisions for their woods.
We provide forestry classes, publications, and online resources covering a wide variety of topics.
We want to welcome our new Forestry Agent, Alicia Jones. You can read more about Alicia from the press release. Her contact phone is 541-236-3002 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tree and Forest Health
- Wildlife Habitat
- Timber management and Harvest
- Non-timber forest products
- Planting and seedling care
- Forest taxes and business
- Fire risk reduction
- And more!
Resources for Woodland Owners & Foresters
- Classes and Events
- The Woodlander Newsletter
- Sources of Assistance for Woodland Owners
- Volunteer & Special Programs
- Information for Forest Owners
- Online Learning Modules
- Natural Science Resources for Teachers
Connect with us
- Like Douglas County Extension on Facebook
- Like OSU Forestry & Natural Resources Extension on Facebook
- OSU Extension Forestry Program
- Contact Alicia Jones, Forestry & Natrual Resources Extension Agent serving Douglas County
- Contact Holly Burton for any administrative Forestry needs