- About Extension
- Get Involved
- Statewide Locations
Brought to you by
Douglas County OSU Extension Services
Horticulture Programs and Steve Renquist, Horticulture Agent
The Home Orchard is more than just a supply of the freshest fruits, nuts, and berries. For many gardeners it is their outlet for self-sufficiency, healthy produce, exercise, self-expression and pride. The work and research of the orchard provides the individual and family with all of this and more.
This web page is dedicated to the Home Orchard gardener.
Please send your comments or questions to
Steve Renquist, Horticulture Agent,
Douglas Co./OSU Extension Service
- The California Backyard Orchard - University of California
- Tree Fruit Research & Extension Center - Washington State University
- North Central Washington Tree Fruit Production - Washington State University
- Tree Fruits by Ohio State University
- USDA Home Gardening Site
- Virtual Crops © Grape
- Oregon Hazelnut Industry
- Pear Bureau Northwest
- U. S. Apple Association
- NPIC - National Pesticide Information Center . . . General Pesticide Information
- CDMS - Product Labels Search
- Northwest Berry and Grape Information Network
- Oregon State University - Horticulture Department
- Pheromone Traps
News, Information & Publications
- The Cost to Raise a Fruit Tree
- Restore Those Old Fruit Trees
- Managing Diseases and Insects in Home Orchards - EC631 - Spray Schedule - OSU
- OSU - Fruit and Nut Publications
- OSU - Water Conservation Publications
- Recent Articles:
About this site . . .
The philosophy for this online source is to provide the home gardener with OSU publications, research, and news items that are related to the home orchard and garden. In compiling this information we have found additional links to organizations and businesses that complement these OSU resources. Our objective has been to organize this web page to be user friendly in accessing the many information sheets and publications that are provided through the ongoing research of Oregon State University and the OSU Extension Services.
Please send your comments or questions to Steve Renquist, Horticulture Agent, Douglas County Office, OSU Extension Service.
Last Update: 02/10/2015