- About Us
- Statewide Resources
- Get Involved
- For Employees
- Find Us
Safety & Risk Management
Extension Off-Campus Centralized Safety Committee
The Extension off-campus centralized safety committee web site contains information pertaining to the laws and policies of safety, the safety manual, safety committee members and the safety committee meeting notes as well as the safety self-inpsection schedule and forms.
Safety Awareness and Management
The Office of Human Resources has implemented a new program, HR Advocate, that allows OSU to better assist employees, managers/supervisors, and departments by processing and tracking information in one central location for the following items: Accident/Injury Reporting and Mandatory Reporting Incident.
Report an Accident/Injury
In the event of an accident, injury, and/or other incident please do the following:
- Notify the employee's supervisor within 24 hours
- The supervisor must complete and submit the on-line Public Incident Reporting form within 24 hours using the HR Advocate program
- Notify the Extension Off-Campus Centralized Safety Committee via email, if incident happened at an off campus Extension site
- If it involves 4-H: contact Marilyn Lesmeister: 541-737-1332
- For accidents or injuries to non-employees, an OSU employee should be notified of the incident and complete the Public Incident Reporting form on behalf of the non-employee.
- If an incident results in an employee seeking medical treatment, the SAIF 801 Form will need to be completed. If an employee seeks medical treatment but does not intend to file a workers' compensation claim with the SAIF Corporation, the SAIF 801 form would be completed but the employee would not sign the form. For more information, please visit the Office of Risk Management website on Workers' Compensation Resources.
Report a Crime
The Office of Human Resources has also established a Clery Compliance Office. For Clery reporting purposes, you will need to report a crime by submitting the form located on the OSU Clery Compliance reporting website. Submitting a report through the Clery Compliance form does NOT initiate a law enforcement report.
If you are on the OSU Corvallis campus, please call 911 or the Department of Public Safety Dispatch at 541-737-7000.
If you are not on the OSU Corvallis campus, please call 911. Afterwards, contact the Department of Public Safety at 541-737-7000 and provide the your local police report number.
The Office of Risk Management (ORM) is committed to the stewardship of human, fiscal, and physical resources entrusted to OSU. ORM staff work with the OSU community to identify areas of potential risk and develop the most effective solutions. Their goal is to minimize the risk of loss to OSU.
Liability Waivers & Releases (Forms - English and Spanish)
- Waiver of Liability Forms:
- Volunteer Services Form and Waiver
Both the volunteer and the department or program that the volunteer will serve must complete the Conditions of Volunteer Service form before the volunteer begins service. As a reminder, people who volunteer for OSU will need to complete a new form each year for volunteer service that continues into the next fiscal year, when volunteering for a different activity, or when volunteer duties change. The forms are kept by the supervising department for seven (7) years. They can be stored electronically.
Please use only the forms approved by the Office of Risk Management (ORM) or the Office of General Counsel. These are binding legal documents. If you need a document tailored for a specific event, please contact the ORM.
Other activities that require attention to special policies related to risk management:
- Using a Personal Vehicle for University Business
- Alcohol Service on OSU-Controlled Properties
- Special Events Insurance
For OSU sponsored short-term events involving participants not affiliated with the University
(e.g. 4-H events)
Property Loss or Usage
Report any loss to the Office of Risk Management immediately.
If the loss is due to theft, break in, or vandalism, also report it to law enforcement immediately.
- If it occurred on the University campus: contact the OSU Department of Public Safety at 541-737-3010
- If it occurred elsewhere: contact the police department for that jurisdiction. You will need to obtain a copy of any police report.
- Intra-department Property Loan Agreement (Policy: PRO-Ex6A)
An employee may borrow property for off-campus university business, with authorization. This document summarizes the policy and should be completed for items on loan.
- Personal Property Loan Agreement (Policy: PRO-Ex6C)
If an employee chooses to use his or her own personal property to conduct OSU business, complete this form and keep it on file.
If you will be traveling outside of the United States, please review the International Travel information on the Extension Service Travel webpage.
Certificate of Insurance
If you need a certificate of insurance for proof of coverage, please request such from the OSU Risk Management Office. ORM will need a copy of the contract or agreement. More information is available on their Certificates of Insurance website.
Please see the Acknowledgement of Safety Instructions and Emergency Preparation Training form available on the OSU Environmental Health & Safety website for a listing of the most common Safety Instruction trainings. There is also a link provided to the general list of Safety Instructions for additional safety topics.