- About Us
- Statewide Resources
- Get Involved
- For Employees
- Find Us
Civil Rights Information
Oregon State University Extension Service (OSUES) is committed to equal access and opportunity for all individuals, and to ensuring all reasonable effort is made to deliver and to provide access to Extension programs and services for all individuals.
Civil Rights Policy Statements, Laws, and Regulations
The National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA) is an agency within the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA).
The USDA NIFA Civil Rights Operating Requirements website includes the civil rights policy statements, laws, and departmental regulations for state land-grant universities.
Civil Rights Poster
Per USDA civil rights policy, a copy of the "And Justice for All" poster should be on display in all Extension offices. This poster provides information for filing a discrimination complaint with the USDA. To request a poster, please contact at Extension Administration at 541-737-1346.
All OSUES faculty and staff are required to complete an online civil rights training. This course provides training to ensure programs offered are as inclusive as possible and that OSUES continues to work toward our goals.
- Online Employee Training
Canvas serves as OSU's online employee training system.
Log in to Canvas using your ONID username and password. Select the link to the Extension Civil Rights Training. If you are not able to access this training, please contact Extension Administration at 541-737-1346.
Collecting Information Related to Gender, Race & Ethnicity
Occasionally, people ask us about the information related to gender, race, and ethnicity that we collect on forms. Some people wonder if it is required that they disclose such information. Others ask how it will be used.
To assist us in answering these questions, the OSU Office of Equal Opportunity and Access has developed the following statement that includes answers to these questions. You may use this statement to answer questions on this subject or put it directly into forms.
"Oregon State University is committed to diversity and to ensuring equal opportunity for those wishing to benefit from our programs and services. We invite you to voluntarily disclose your gender, race, and ethnicity to help us monitor the effectiveness of our civil rights and affirmative action efforts. Neither the information provided, nor the decision not to provide it, will be used to determine eligibility for Extension programs and services or the benefits available through participation."
Civil Rights Review
A representative from the OSU Extension Service Administration conducts the internal Civil Rights reviews. The purpose of the internal civil rights review is to ensure that all reasonable effort is being made to deliver and provide equal access and opportunity to Extension programs and services.
OSUES off-campus offices will have an internal civil rights review on a five-year rotational basis.
The documentation below must be reviewed and completed before the scheduled civil rights review.
- 2016-2020 Civil Rights Review Schedule (revised 11/30/15)
- County Civil Rights Review - Step by Step Process (revised 09/14)
- Civil Rights County Plan and Review (revised 02/09)
- Civil Rights Review Forms #1 -5. These forms are to be completed annually. (revised 11/15)
- OSUES Assurance of Nondiscrimination Form (updated 2016)
- Civil Rights File Categories (updated 09/14)
- Civil Rights Review Compliance Guide: Extension Programs
Civil Rights Resources
- US Census Bureau Quick Facts on Oregon State and County Demographics
- 2015 Parity Calculator Tool
- Non-discrimination statements in English and Spanish
- OSU Office of Equal Opportunity and Access (accommodations and accessibility guidance; concerns or complaints about discrimination in an OSU program)
- Honoring Diversity
- Federal Register: Guidance to Federal Financial Assistance Recipients Regarding the Title VI Prohibition Against National Origin Discrimination Affecting Persons With Limited English Proficiency
- Civil Rights Public Notification Plan