- About Us
- Statewide Resources
- Get Involved
- Find Us
Oregon Ask An Expert
Ask an Expert is a national web-based system, supported by eXtension, that helps Extension faculty, staff, and volunteers respond more efficiently to questions they receive each day. Questions are submitted through Ask an Expert widgets, question forms on Extension websites, which are routed to appropriate OSU Extension experts. This statewide project is an effort to (1) continue the Extension tradition of delivering public education information with increasingly limited resources and (2) increase engagement with new and existing audiences using online communication methods that Oregonians have come to expect. For background on Ask an Expert read Game Changer for Extension, by Associate Provost Dave King.
Our goal is to answer questions with objective, research-based information in less than two business days.
- Overview (PDF - 716 KB)
- Signing Up (PDF - 376 KB)
- Question Answering (PDF - 96 KB)
- Question Monitoring (PDF - 114 KB)
- Setting Preferences in Ask an Expert (5 mins. - 8/24/2012)
- Master Gardener volunteer (70 mins. - 2/25/2011)
- OSU faculty and staff (30 mins. - 1/26/2011)
Includes how to setup your settings to only receive questions in your area.
- Advanced: Question Monitor (1hr 25 min. - 1/20/11)
How to direct questions to the appropriate experts
If you have comments, questions, or suggestions, please send them to Jeff Hino. We will do our best to answer your questions in a timely fashion.