- About Us
- Statewide Resources
- Get Involved
- Find Us
Oregon Ask An Expert
Ask an Expert is a national web-based system, supported by eXtension, that helps Extension faculty, staff, and volunteers respond more efficiently to questions they receive each day. Questions are submitted through Ask an Expert widgets, question forms on Extension websites, which are routed to appropriate OSU Extension experts. This statewide project is an effort to (1) continue the Extension tradition of delivering public education information with increasingly limited resources and (2) increase engagement with new and existing audiences using online communication methods that Oregonians have come to expect. For background on Ask an Expert read Game Changer for Extension, by Associate Provost Dave King.
Our goal is to answer questions with objective, research-based information in less than two business days.
- Overview (PDF - 716 KB)
- Ask an Expert "How To" (eXtension PDF)
- Question Monitoring (PDF - 114 KB)
- Accessing You Ask an Expert Participation Metrics (PDF - 243 KB)
- How To View Ask an Expert Participation Metrics for Your County (PDF - 492 KB)
- Setting your status to "Away" in Ask an Expert ( 2.0) (2 mins. - 8/24/2012)
- Viewing Your Ask an Expert Statistics (2:31 mins - Feb 2014)
Caution: Some of the information in the following training videos may be out-of-date with the implementation of AaE 2.0. Thanks for your patience as we work on updating these videos.
- Master Gardener volunteer (70 mins. - 2/25/2011)
- OSU faculty and staff (30 mins. - 1/26/2011)
Includes how to setup your settings to only receive questions in your area.
- Advanced: Question Monitor (1hr 25 min. - 1/20/11)
How to direct questions to the appropriate experts
For specific questions on AaE training, implementation or administration, contact Jeff Hino, the Ask an Expert Coordinator (Learning Technology Leader, Extension and Experiment Station Communications (EESC)