- About Us
- Statewide Resources
- Get Involved
- For Employees
- Find Us
Conferences & Events
SAVE THE DATES
Extension Annual Conferences
December 7-11, 2015
November 14-18, 2016
2014 Extension Annual Conference
People, Purpose and Passion: The Pathway to Success
This year's conference will take place Sept. 28 - Oct. 2 in Corvallis. It centers around a special keynote speaker, and includes great session, tours, networking opportunities, Snap-Ed training, and the Cooperators and OSUEA Awards.
The Conference was designed by the OSUEA Board, in cooperation with Extension Administration, based on the extensive Qualtrics survey polling of Extension staff across the state.
Keynote - OSUEA invites Jay Rifenbary, renowned international speaker
His exciting “No Excuse!” program teaches, validates and supports the importance of key principles and skills, such as self-control, personal respect, forgiveness, passion and positive attitude, as they pertain to one's personal and professional success.
Confrence attendees will recieve a copy of Jay's book "No Excuse! – Incorporating Core Values, Accountability and Balance into Your Life and Career"
Be sure to arrive to the conference for Part I of Jay's presentation Monday Sept 28th at noon (lunch provided).
Search Advocate Training:
This year, Search Advocate training is available during the conference. Divided into two 5-hour blocks, you can take Part I on Tuesday or Wednesday during the conference, 12:30-5:30. Part II is only offered Friday, Oct 3rd 8am-1pm. You must also complete Part I and Part II. Register through the OSU Professional Development site, look for the Sept 30, Oct 1, and Oct 3rd dates.
2014 Outreach & Engagement Events
OSUEA Board and O&E Administration are dedicated to providing opportunities for your professional development, networking with colleagues, and recognition of achievements. Based on your feedback about Spring Training and the O&E Conference, we are trying something new (and a little tried & true) for 2014.
- April 16, 2014 – Join Scott Reed as he hosts the Outreach and Engagement Colloquium – a time with the greater OSU community, exploring topics of outreach and engagement with Keynote speakers. Scott will also celebrate O&E achievements by presenting the Vice Provost Awards for Excellence.
- April 17, 2014 –Ecampus Faculty Forum. OSU colleagues review the academic year, sharing their innovative teaching methods, best practices and experiences in online course development.
- September 29 – October 2, 2014 – Extension Conference. Similar to Spring Training with two full days of sessions, the 2014 event will also include all OSUEA awards for the year, program and affiliate meetings, and fun activities to share with your fellow Extension employees.
2013 O&E Professional Development Days
- UABC EmpCenter Time and Attendance (pdf)
- UABC Accounting & Finance (pdf)
- Which Video Voodoo should You Do? An overview of web conferencing (video stream)
- Be a Social Media Star in 15 min a day (video stream)
- Program Planning for Maximum Impact (video stream)
- How to do a Needs Assessment (video stream)
- Communicating Impact (video stream)
- Extension Teaching Update: Extending High Impact Practices Beyond the Classroom (video stream)
Outreach and Engagement Strategic Conference October 29-31, 2012 (recorded presentations)