- About Us
- Statewide Resources
- Get Involved
- For Employees
- Find Us
Manning Becker Professional Development Fund
This fund is available to Oregon Agriculture Extension Association (OAEA) members who will be attending events or pursuing independent study to enhance their capabilities in Extension agricultural or natural resource education. Distributions will be determined by the OAEA Manning H. Becker Professional Development Fund Committee.
Dates and Deadlines
- Application Deadline - April 30
- Screening by committee - May 1 - 15
- Notification of funding decision - May 29
Those requesting support should prepare a 1-2 page proposal with a complete budget considering the following criteria:
- Individuals or a group of individuals requesting support must be members in good standing of OAEA.
- Individuals within a group proposal must meet the same criteria as individuals.
- Preference will be given to proposals that incorporate more than one source of funding. This might include resources from the Extension budget, other organizational support, or dollars from the individual's private resources. It is not the intent of the donor(s) or the committee to provide complete support for the individual seeking support.
- Selection preference may be given to individuals early in their development and involvement in Extension as a profession.
Please email applications to Bill Braunworth
The purpose of this funding is to provide some support for professional development needs of OSU Extension Educators. This may include, but not be limited to, pursuit of independent study, or attendance at professional meetings, organizations and seminars.
Professional development efforts supported by these funds will be expected to result in enhanced capability of the recipient to conduct extension education programs.
Support may include, but need not be limited to such items as: transportation, meals, and lodging associated with travel, registration or tuition fees.
Awards last year were $250 - $300.
To get additional information, please contact: Bill Braunworth