- About Us
- Statewide Resources
- Get Involved
- Find Us
We all know that we should be more active, but did you also know…
- People who are active have a lower risk of developing coronary heart disease, stroke, diabetes, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, and some cancers.
- Kids who are more active tend to do better in school.
- Physically active older adults have fewer falls and less depression as well as better cognitive function, better bone density, and better sleep quality.
Physical Activity Guidelines
For more information about the benefits of physical activity, read the 2008 Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Download fact sheets with the guidelines for youth, adults and older adults.
- Activities with Kids - For parents interested in helping their children to become more active.
- Parents – Get Your Kids Moving! – Helping parents understand the importance of activity and how much activity children need.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITY FOR LIFE! - A Physical Activity Resources and Exercise Tutorials program website created by OSU Extension Faculty.