- About Extension
- Get Involved
- Statewide Locations
Who are 4-H Adult Volunteers?
- Adults who are interested in making a positive impact on youth
- Adults who have an expertise they want to share with youth
- Adults who want to learn new skills
Who are the youth?
- 4-H Adventures are youth in grades K-3 who explore their community, science, art, foods, natural resources, animals and more!
- 4-H clubs are youth in 4-12 grade who select a project from the list shown on the Projects & Clubs page (This can be found by clicking on the link titled Projects & Clubs to the left of the screen in the orange navigation bar.)
What support do I receive as a 4-H Adult Volunteer?
- New Leader Training
- Subject Matter Training
- Support from 4-H faculty and staff
- Support from other 4-H Adult Volunteers
- Project books for leaders and members
What kind of commitment must I make?
- One year, or
- A few months, or
- A few weeks, or
- One time.
- Whatever your time, interests and the needs of the youth are.
How do I start?
- Choose your project of interest
- Complete a volunteer application form/Background Check
- Interview with an Extension faculty member
- Attend New Leader Training
- Recruit club members!
For questions about any of the steps mentioned above feel free to contact the OSU Gilliam County Extension Office by calling 541-384-2271.