GROW Healthy Communities
GROW Healthy Kids & Communities engages with Oregon’s rural residents and stakeholders to learn about rural communities and to help select and implement evidence-based envi-ronmental strategies unique to Oregon’s rural areas that will benefit Oregon’s rural residents for years to come.
- HEAL MAPPS™
This tool helps community stakeholders document peo-ple’s experience of place with respect to supports and barriers for habitual healthy eating and physical activity.
- Community Food and Physical Activity Environment Survey
This tool assesses the actual (vs. perceived) rural com-munity food & physical activity resources.
- HEAL MAPPS™ Feedback
This report details the community supports and barriers to healthy eating and physical activity
- Community Food and Physical Activity Environment Survey Feedback
This report analyzes all community food and physical activity resources
- Building coalitions to work collaboratively on community-wide issues
- Securing local grants to improve healthy eating and physical activity opportunities in rural communities
- Working collaboratively to implement community-based change