GROW Healthy Schools
GROW Healthy Kids & Communities helps schools survey and improve school nutrition and physical activity environments. GROW HKC supports evidence-based modifications to school environments and policies to promote and improve students’ healthy eating and physical activity behaviors at school.
- School Physical Activity & Nutrition Environment Tool (SPAN-ET)
This tool measures school resources and readiness to improve nutrition and physical activity environments.
- Physical Activity and Body Mass Index (BMI)
Children wear pedometers to measure how active they are while at school and have annual height and weight assessments.
- SPAN-ET Feedback
The SPAN report suggests evidence-based improvement strategies and highlights positive actions resulting from environmentally-based treatments.
- Weight Status and Physical Activity Feedback
These reports show the results of school-level assess-ments and suggest evidence-based improvement sand communication strategies.
- GROW HKC and Wellness Committee Actions
- Farm to school partnerships
- Physical activity toolkits and trainings
- Securing school-centered grants to promote healthy school environments