- About Extension
- Get Involved
- Statewide Locations
How to Build a Sandcastle
What You'll need:
- Decorations (seashells, seaweed, etc.)
- Gather your tools and materials
- Make sure sand is wet
- Shovel the wet sand into bucket, filling it completely
- In one fell swoop, overturn bucket and place it upside down
- Slowly lift bucket straight up and remove it. You should now have a nicely formed mound of sand in the shape of the bucket you used.
- Use your hands and fingers to modify the shape of your castle (ie, add windwos, doors, etc.).
- Decorate your sandcastle with seashells, seaweed or anything else you like. Use your imagination.
- Stand back and admire your masterpiece!
- Use a trowel, spoon or other tools to help you shape your sandcastle.
- Dig a moat around your sand castle and fill it with water.
- Make a Trebuchet and storm the castle!