- About Extension
- Get Involved
- Statewide Locations
Record Book Information:
Record keeping is a skill that we use throught out our life.
Compiling your record book can seem like a complicated task. Here are some helps and guidelines to help you be successful:
For up to date information on Jefferson County 4-H record keeping requirements please review the following:
- Jefferson County 4-H Record Keeping (rev. November 26, 2014)
Purchase a green 4-H record book cover/folder, these are available at the OSU Jefferson County Extension 4-H Office. Neatly, fill out the information needed on the front of the folder.
If you are planning to use fillable forms, see ** toward the bottom of this page.
Order of Assembly:
- Title page--this includes the member's name, projects taken during the year, and age division. Your age division depends on your age on September 1 of the 4-H year. Junior, 9-11 years; Intermediate, 12-14 years; Senior 15-19 years.
- Example of Title Page
2. Table of Contents and Dividers (Dividers are necessary to seperate each section)
Record books should be divided (in order) into the following sections:
Option: Table of Contents can be placed behind the title page or behind first divider.
- Example Table of Contents Page
3. Notes/Story (up to 6 pages)
5. Project Records (Visit OSU 4-H Project page for record book forms and resources specific to your 4-H project area.)
The following are some project records:
- My________________4-H Project Record (4-H 038R)
- Jefferson County 4-H Horse Record
- 4-H Food and Nutrition Record (Junior)(511-13R) pdf version , fillable pdf
- The following three bullets are the records that will be used by Jefferson County Livestock Members this 4-H year, 2014-2015. Members will have their Animal Science Record and Feed and Growth Record.
- 4-H Animal Science Record for Junior Members (700-07R) fillable pdf or printable pdf
- 4-H Animal Science Record for Intermediate and Senior Members (700-08R) fillable pdf or printable pdf
- Feed and Growth Record for 4-H Market Animals (700-04R) fillable pdf or printable pdf
- The following are production records for livestock projects:
- 4-H Beef Cow Production Record (721-03R) fillable pdf or printable pdf
- 4-H Dairy Production Record (700-06) fillable pdf or printable pdf
- 4-H Ewe Production Record (771-03R) fillable pdf or printable pdf
- 4-H Meat Goat Production Record (available at the office)
- 4-H Rabbit Production Record (761-00R) fillable pdf or printable pdf
- 4-H Sow Production Record (781-03R) fillable pdf or printable pdf
6. Advancement Records (Visit OSU 4-H Project page for other Advancement guides.)
- Oregon 4-H Meat Animal Advancement Program
- Dairy Advancement Program
- 4-H Meat Goat Advancement Guide
- Oregon 4-H Horse Advancement Program
- Oregon 4-H Food and Nutrition Advancement Guide
- Shooting Sports Advancement Guide
- Poultry and Pigeon Advancement Program
- Oregon 4-H Rabbit Advancement Program
7. News clippings, photos, and items of special significance. No more than 4 one-sided pages. Make sure pictures/information is labeled.
- Example Photo Page
8. Past Project Records (for 2nd year 4-Hers and above, is required)
Please remember that your record book is not a scrap book and should not have feed receipts, ribbons, member pins...etc. Always remember that you can refer to "Jefferson County 4-H Record Keeping for 4-H Members, Parents, and Leaders" for more help and ideas.
**Using fillable forms----If you are using fillable forms, you will need to install Adobe Acrobat Reader. This is a free download.
Enrollment Forms for Jefferson County 4-H: (These are in a packet with multiple forms, all forms must be complete with information requested and signatures.)
- Member Enrollment Forms (English)
- Member Enrollment Forms (Spanish and English)
- Volunteer Enrollment Forms (English)
The OSU General 4-H Publications page gives materials available to be printed off this includes contest guides, advancement records, projects records and so on.