- About Extension
- Get Involved
- Statewide Locations
Jefferson County Education Council
The Jefferson County Education Council is a group of citizens, representing all facets of our community, interested in directing the future of education in our county, particularly post-secondary education.
Our mission is to identify, implement and oversee access to education and workforce training for Jefferson County residents.
Attend a meeting
We meet every other month to discuss ideas and ways to identify, implement and promote post-secondary education. We all believe the future of our community and economy will be affected by the education of our citizens.
We meet the1st Monday of every month at 12:00pm at the COCC Madras Campus. Lunch is served and anyone is welcome to attend.
- Jennifer Oppenlander, OSU Open Campus
- Mike Ahern, Jefferson County Commissioner
- Melinda Boyle, 509-J School District
- Sara Braman- Smith, Madras High School
- Janet Brown, EDCO
- Joe Krenowicz. Chamber Director
- Ana Carolina Gomez Diazgranados, Oregon State University
- Laurie Danzuka, 509-J School District/Warm Springs Tribes
- Kurt Davis, Culver School District
- Charitie Gamble, Mid-Oregon Personnel
- Michelle Gemelas, Community Member/Parent
- Stephen Hillis, community member
- Brenda Jones, Keith's Manufacturing
- Susan Kovari, Shielding/Parent
- Jeffrey Lichtenberg, Department of Justice
- Joe Mchaney, Kid's Club/MAC
- Jerry Schultz, COCC Extended Learning Dean
- Rick Molitor, 509-J School District Superintendent
- Don Reeder, COCC Board/Jefferson Co.
- Jeremy Green, COCC Madras Campus Coordinator
- Carrie McCormick, COCC Enrollment Specialist
- Dana Martin, OSU Regional Administrator
- Jaylyn Suppah, Let's Talk Diversity Coalition
- Anna Higgins, Better Together
- Gina Ricketts, COCC Native American Program Coordinator
- Tim Fields, Culver High School Principal