- About Extension
- Get Involved
- Statewide Locations
Jefferson County Education Council
The Jefferson County Education Council is a group of citizens, representing all facets of our community, interested in directing the future of education in our county, particularly post-secondary education.
Our mission is to identify, implement and oversee access to education and workforce training for Jefferson County residents.
Attend a meeting
We meet every other month to discuss ideas and ways to identify, implement and promote post-secondary education. We all believe the future of our community and economy will be affected by the education of our citizens.
We meet the 2nd Thursday of every month at 12:00pm at the COCC Madras Campus. Lunch is served and anyone is welcome to attend.
- Mike Ahern, Jefferson County Commissioner
- Daryl Boreen, BrightWood Corporation
- Melinda Boyle, 509-J School District
- Sara Braman- Smith, Madras High School
- Janet Brown, EDCO
- Marv Butler, Oregon State University/Chamber
- Ana Carolina Gomez Diazgranados, Oregon State University
- Laurie Danzuka, 509-J School District/Warm Springs Tribes
- Kurt Davis, Culver School District
- Bobbie DeRost, Madras Aquatic Center
- Beth Emshoff, Oregon State University
- Charitie Gamble, Mid-Oregon Personnel
- Michelle Gemelas, Community Member/Parent
- Stephen Hillis, Partnership to End Poverty
- Brenda Jones, Keith's Manufacturing
- Susan Kovari, Shielding/Parent
- Jim Leach, City of Madras
- Jeffrey Lichtenberg, Department of Justice
- Joe Mchaney, Kid's Club/MAC
- Shirley Metcalf, COCC
- Rick Molitor, 509-J School District
- Jennifer Oppenlander, Oregon State University
- Don Reeder, COCC Board/Jefferson Co.
- Courtney Snead, COCC Madras Campus Coordinator
- JoDee Tittle, Mountain View Hospital District