- About Extension
- Get Involved
- Statewide Locations
Out of County Opportunities
The Oregon 4-H Youth Development Program offers numerous statewide and national 4-H leadership opportunities to youth enrolled in the 4-H Program. Typically these programs are geared toward intermediate and senior 4-H members. For more information on each of these opportunities please click the links below. Please note a number of these programs are either fully funded or only require a nominal charge to the 4-H members family. Also the Lake County 4-H Association is committed to assisting youth attend out of county leadership events and offers support through an Special Event Scholarship Application.
High Desert Leadership Retreat (HDLR)
- Registration Form (Due Dec 14th)
- Lake County 4-H Association Youth Development Scholarship Application (Multiple Scholarships Varying in Amounts) (Due Dec 14th)
Join us at Camp Tumbleweed on Wednesday, March 23rd, through Saturday, March 26th, 2016, at the Washington Family Ranch, located outside of Antelope,Oregon! Camp will begin on the evening of Wednesday and will be finished by Saturday at noon. Camp Tumbleweed is a new, annual camp designedspecifically for 4th-6th grade students to make new friends, participate in fun activities, attend educational classes, spend time in nature and make lifelong memories! It is open to all 4th-6th graders across Oregon. If you are not a 4-H member, enrollment will be part of the registration process. Bus transportation will be provided to and from camp, from Madras.
In an effort to have as many Lake County Youth as possible attend camp this year, we will be providing scholarships to the first 10 participants to register. Scholarships will be in the amount of half the Early Bird registration fee ($185.00) and will be in the form of reimbersment. Please forward registration information to email@example.com, once completed.
Early bird registration is open now through February 1st. Click here to register.
For more information about Washington Family Ranch, click here.
To see what a typical camp at Washington Family Ranch looks like, click here.
Contact Samara Rufener or Jamie Davis with questions or for more information: 541-947-6054.
4-H Summer Conference
Youth Registration Information:
- Lake County Youth Registration Form & Rock Wall Climbing Waiver (Complete for Access Code)
- Lake County 4-H Association Youth Development Scholarship Application (Multiple Scholarships Varying in Amounts) (Due May 15th)
- Vandergaw Scholarship (Two $100 Scholarship)(Due May 15th)
- Parental Consent Letter for Evaluation
Chaperone Registration Information:
- Lake County Chaperone Registration Form
- 4-H Summer Conference Website
- Class List and Descriptions
- Event Schedule
- Bus Schedule
- What to Pack
- Dress Code