- About Extension
- Get Involved
- Statewide Locations
Become a volunteer!
Volunteers are integral to this program. Volunteer involvements include:
- Prepare quick and healthy Food Hero recipes, share samples and provide nutrition education at FOOD for Lane County emergency food pantries.
- Prepare the ingredients for recipe food boxes and organize items for supply boxes.
- Help with programming and organizational tasks.
Volunteers who provide nutrition education attend a training at OSU Extension Service in Eugene, shadow an experienced volunteer at a few pantries, and then pick a pantry to begin volunteering at regularly (see map for a list of the FOOD for Lane County pantries we serve).
Oregon driver’s license and use of own car required; mileage is not reimbursed. Oregon Food Handler Card is required; cost of exam is paid for if not already certified.
Contact Dana Johnson at 541-344-0249 to learn more and sign up. We look forward to meeting you!
Did you know?
- each month 45 volunteers provide food education to about 1,700 pantry clients at 29 (almost 30) different food pantries around Lane County on 39 separate occasions?
- 4 food packers prepare and pack the ingredients for Food Hero’s recipe of the month?
- 3 box packers put together boxes filled with materials for the food educator volunteers?
- 2 administrative assistants volunteer their time that keeps the program moving?
This picture makes up the largest OSU Extension Service SNAP-Ed Food Pantry Project in the State!
Read our Monthly Newsletter!