- About Extension
- Get Involved
- Statewide Locations
Master Food Preservers Share their Knowledge in 2015 Workshops
The Oregon State University Extension Service Master Food Preserver (MFP) program launched a series of cooking classes for Lane County residents.
Most classes will be held at the Community of Christ Church located at 1485 Gilham Road, Eugene unless otherwise noted. Register by filling out the appropriate form and either mailing or dropping off to the OSU Extension Service MFP in Lane County, 996 Jefferson St., Eugene OR 97402. Some classes have credit card payment options, see below.
Questions? Leave a message on Master Food Preservers hotline, 541-344-4885 and a Master Food Preserver volunteer will return your call as soon as possible.
Become a Master Food Preserver Volunteer
The next Master Food Preserver Volunteer Training will be in early 2016. Information will be posted as it becomes available.
2015 Summer - Fall Classes
Sponsored by Master Food Preservers in Lane County
Registration is now open for a variety of food preservation classes. Send in registration form with a check or register by paying with a credit card option below. All classes are held at the Community of Christ Church, 1485 Gilham Road, Eugene.
- Alternative to Canning (Freezing and Drying): Saturday, June 27, 10 am-1 pm. $40 credit card option.
- Jam Session! Saturday, July 11, 10 am-3 pm.$60 credit card option.
- Tomato & Salsa Workshop: Saturday, August 22. 10 am-3 pm. $60 credit card option.
- Pickle Passion plus Fermentation: Saturday, September 12, 10 am-3 pm. $60 credit card option.
- Canning Meats, Beans & Soups: Saturday, October 3, 10 am-2 pm. $60 credit card option.
Tuna Canning class open for registration. Class will be held Saturday, August 29, 2015 at FOOD for Lane County, 770 Bailey Hill Road, Eugene. Credit card option for $60. Cost of tuna to be paid day of class, cash or check.