- About Extension
- Get Involved
- Statewide Locations
Become a 4-H Leader
Mentor - Partner - Guide - GROW!
If you believe . . .
- youth learn best through practical, hands-on activities
- youth should be partners with adults in the educational process
- youth benefit from being fully engaged in decision-making processes
then we'd like to encourage you to become a Lane County 4-H leader!
Helping young people become successful, caring, productive citizens can be one of the most rewarding experiences you will ever have.
Leader Roles: Community Club, Project, Assistant, and Resource Leaders
Becoming a 4-H Leader (overview of process for becoming 4-H volunteer)
4-H Volunteer Leader Application Packet (Includes forms and information on training)
4-H New Leader Training/Refresher Course - Wednesday, April 29
- Do you want to become more involved with the Lane County 4-H program?
- Do you have a skill or project you want to share?
- Are you a current 4-H leader who would like a refresher course?
Come learn about the 4-H program, the requirements to become a leader, and how to weave Positive Youth Development into the projects we teach. There is no commitment necessary to attend this training. All are welcome to attend, even if you just want to learn more about how 4-H works or how you can be involved.
The next training will be held at the OSU Extension Office, 996 Jefferson St, Eugene on Wednesday, April 29, 2015.
You MUST RSVP with Patty in order to attend. Email Patty. The cost of the materials is $25 (only required for those becoming a new leader), and that is payable at the training.