- About Extension
- Get Involved
- Statewide Locations
Spotted Wing Drosophila (SWD)
SWD Management Guide for Cherries
SWD Recognize Fruit Damage from Spotted Wing Drosophila, EM 9021
Oregon State University SWD web page
ODA information on the SWD
Pesticide Applicator Information
For questions on course content: Brooke Edmunds or 541-791-6617
For questions on registration: Linda Renslow 541-344-5859
CORE Pesticide Training, December 1, 2015
- CORE Agenda in English - $30. Credit card option or mail a check to OSU Extension Service - Lane County, 996 Jefferson Street, Eugene, OR 97402. Note: Location of event is the NW Community Credit Union, 545 E 8th Avenue, Eugene. Pay with Credit Card option ($30).
- CORE Agenda in Spanish. No cost.
- Application (in Hort News) for the PNW Pesticide Short Course, focus on Entomology & Plant Pathology, to be held February 2, 2016 at LCC Main Campus. Register by January 18, 2016 for $85. Send in a check with registration to OSU Extension Service - Lane County, 996 Jefferson Street, Eugene, OR 97402 or pay by Credit Card $85 prior to January 18. Late registration $95.
- Landscape Contractor Board hours have been approved for PNW Pesticide Short Course and many of the Master Gardener training classes. See registration form.
Research based information, education boosts profitability
Commercial agriculture faculty in the Lane County office of the OSU Extension Service deliver educational programs to help commercial growers and small farmers achieve sustainable crop production and profitability.
The commercial agriculture program provides:
- Educational field days and workshops for area growers
- Alternative crops development
- Technical assistance to help growers improve natural resources management
- Cooperation with countywide special projects such as the ongoing agricultural chemicals removal effort in Lane County
Horticulture Agent improves lives in Kyrgyzstan.