- About Extension
- Get Involved
- Statewide Locations
Education for sustainable farm operations
Agriculture Business Management Program, Lane Community College Small Business Development Center - classes are held at 101 W 10th Avenue Suite 304, Eugene, OR 97402. Contact Ag Business Management Program for additional information, 541-463-4323.
Spotted Wing Drosophila (SWD)
SWD Management Guide for Cherries
SWD Recognize Fruit Damage from Spotted Wing Drosophila, EM 9021
Oregon State University SWD web page
ODA information on the SWD
Pesticide Applicator Information
- Need help passing the Laws & Safety category of the Commercial, Public or Apprentice Pesticide Applicator's Exam? Attend a small group tutoring session on Nov 7th, 9am-12pm. Covered in this session:Overview of the exam topics, Practice exam questions in a timed setting, Test taking tips, and Q&A. Book required: Oregon Pesticide Safety Education Manual (EM 8850), 2008 edition; bring your own or purchase onsite $22.50 cash or check. Cost for the tutoring session: $30. Credit card payment.
Instructor: Brooke Edmunds, OSU Extension Community Horticulturist
Location: OSU Extension Office, 996 Jefferson St, Eugene (Enter off 10th St)
For questions on course content: Brooke Edmunds or 541-791-6617
For questions on registration: Linda Renslow 541-344-5859
- CORE Private Pesticide Applicator training to be held Wednesday, December 3,2014 from 8 a.m.-12:15 p.m. at 996 Jefferson Street, Eugene. Payment by credit card ($30) available or send check with application (see back page of September 2014 Hort News).
- Application for the PNW Pesticide Short Course, focuson Weed Management, will be held February 3, 2015 at LCC Main Campus. Register by January 23, 2015 for $80. Send in a check with registration to LCC Attn: Tina Reyes, to 101 W 10th Avenue, Suite 119, Eugene, OR 97401 or pay by Credit Card $80.
- Landscape Contractor Board hours should be approved soon for many classes.
Research based information, education boosts profitability
Commercial agriculture faculty in the Lane County office of the OSU Extension Service deliver educational programs to help commercial growers and small farmers achieve sustainable crop production and profitability.
The commercial agriculture program provides:
- Educational field days and workshops for area growers
- Alternative crops development
- Technical assistance to help growers improve natural resources management
- Cooperation with countywide special projects such as the ongoing agricultural chemicals removal effort in Lane County
Horticulture Agent improves lives in Kyrgyzstan.