- About Extension
- Get Involved
- Statewide Locations
Education for sustainable farm operations
Agriculture Business Management Program, Lane Community College Small Business Development Center - classes are held at 101 W 10th Avenue Suite 304, Eugene, OR 97402. Contact Ag Business Management Program for additional information, 541-463-4323.
Spotted Wing Drosophila (SWD)
SWD Management Guide for Cherries
SWD Recognize Fruit Damage from Spotted Wing Drosophila, EM 9021
Oregon State University SWD web page
ODA information on the SWD
Pesticide Applicator Information
- CORE Private Pesticide Applicator training will be December 5, 2013 at the Unitarian Universalist Church, 1685 West 13th Avenue, Eugene (corner of Chambers & 13th). Please print and send in the application with payment or pay $25 online with a Credit Card.
- Application available for the PNW Pesticide Short Course to be held February 4-5, 2014 at LCC Main Campus. Pay by January 25, 2014. Send check ($95) to LCC-SBDC or pay by Credit Card.
- The cost to take only the all day (8 a.m.-5 p.m.) Tuesday, Feb. 4, 2014 portion of the PNW Pesticide Short Course is $70. Pay by credit card or send a $70 check made out to Lane Community College. Mail to Lane Community College SBDC, 101 W 10th Ave. Suite 304, Eugene, OR 97402.
- CORE Private Pesticide Applicator training approved for the afternoon (1:15-5 p.m.) Feb. 4, 2014. This is the second half of day one of the PNW Pesticide Short Course above. Pay $30 to Lane Community College. Mail to Lane Community College SBDC, 101 W 10th Ave. Suite 304, Eugene, OR 97402 or pay with a Credit Card.
- Landscape Contractor Board hours have been approved for many classes. See the October 2014 Hort News for additional class information.
Research based information, education boosts profitability
Commercial agriculture faculty in the Lane County office of the OSU Extension Service deliver educational programs to help commercial growers and small farmers achieve sustainable crop production and profitability.
The commercial agriculture program provides:
- Educational field days and workshops for area growers
- Alternative crops development
- Technical assistance to help growers improve natural resources management
- Cooperation with countywide special projects such as the ongoing agricultural chemicals removal effort in Lane County
Horticulture Agent improves lives in Kyrgyzstan.