- About Extension
- Get Involved
- Statewide Locations
Education for sustainable farm operations
Agriculture Business Management Program, Lane Community College Small Business Development Center - classes are held at 1445 Willamette St. Room 213, Eugene, OR 97401. Contact Ag Business Management Program for additional information, 541-463-4323.
Spotted Wing Drosophila (SWD)
SWD Management Guide for Cherries
SWD Recognize Fruit Damage from Spotted Wing Drosophila, EM 9021
Oregon State University SWD web page
ODA information on the SWD
Pesticide Applicator Information
- Private Pesticide Applicator training will be in December 2013.
- Application now available for the PNW Pesticide Short Course to be held February 5-6, 2013. See page one of this newsletter. (Cost for Pesticide Short Course is now $115, payment by credit card available). See classes that are approved for Landscape Contractor credit hours on pages 5-6 of newsletter.
- Pay with a credit card for the morning session on Feb. 5, 2013 (8 a.m.-noon).
Research based information, education boosts profitability
Commercial agriculture faculty in the Lane County office of the OSU Extension Service deliver educational programs to help commercial growers and small farmers achieve sustainable crop production and profitability.
The commercial agriculture program provides:
- Educational field days and workshops for area growers
- Alternative crops development
- Technical assistance to help growers improve natural resources management
- Cooperation with countywide special projects such as the ongoing agricultural chemicals removal effort in Lane County
Horticulture Agent improves lives in Kyrgyzstan.