Getting Assistance

Questions and Concerns

Contact, Lauren Grand, your local OSU Extension Forestry Agent Serving Lane County.  Lauren can answer questions or concerns about the management, stewardship, or ecology of your forested property.

If you have a question about a sick tree, please fill out this form and send it to me along with pictures. This will help me to better answer your questions.  Thank you.  

Get a site visit from a Master Woodland Manager

Master Woodland Managers are local woodland owner volunteers who have experience caring for their own land, and have been extensively trained by OSU Extension to help other woodland owners. A Master Woodland Manager can consult with you on your site, direct you to further sources of assistance, and provide the perspective of a peer woodland owner, community member, and/or neighbor. If you would like to be connected with a Master Woodland Manager that can help you with your questions, please complete and submit a MWM Request Form.

ODF Stewardship Foresters

Stewardship Foresters provide free technical assistance to private forest landowners and small woodland owners.​ Find your forester by clicking on the interactive map. If you know your forester’s name, but need their contact info. Visit Know your forest’s Landowner Assistance in Lane County page.

ODF Western Lane District office
Veneta, OR
ODF South Cascades District office - Eastern Lane Unit
Springfield, OR

Service Provider Directories

Financial Assistance and Incentive Programs

Oregon Department of Forestry – Grants and incentives

Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife – Grants and Tax Incentives

Oregon Watershed Enhancement Board - OWEB invests in variety of grant types which help Oregonians take care of local streams, rivers, wetlands and natural areas. Watershed councils, soil and water conservation districts and tribes submit applications on behalf of landowners.

National Resource Conservation Service – Environmental Quality Incentives Program helps people reduce soil erosion, enhance water supplies, improve water quality, increase wildlife habitat, and reduce damages caused by floods and other natural disasters. For more information about current grants and to apply contact:

  • For residents in Eastern Lane County | Tom F. Burnham | Tel: 541-465-6443 Ext. 108
  • For residents in Western Lane County | Kate Danks |Tel: 541-265-2631

Soil and Water Conservation Districts – provide grants and cost share programs for technical activities on your property.

Watershed Councils – sometimes provide financial assistance and information in the development and implementation of projects to maintain and restore the biological and physical process in the watersheds for the sustainability of their communities. Find your watershed council

Lane County Assessor’s Office - Special Assessment Programs - Specially assessed properties can result in reduced property taxes. Programs available to woodland owners include:

  • Designated Forestland (forest deferral)
  • Small Tract Forestland Option (STFO)
  • Wildlife Habitat Conservation and Management Plan
  • Exclusive Farm Use (EFU) Zoned Farm


Share this