Education for sustainable farm operations
Agriculture Business Management Program, Lane Community College Small Business Development Center - classes are held at 101 W 10th Avenue Suite 304, Eugene, OR 97402. Contact Ag Business Management Program for additional information, 541-463-4323.
Spotted Wing Drosophila (SWD)
Pesticide Applicator Information
- CORE Private Pesticide Applicator training to be held Wednesday, December 3,2014 from 8 a.m.-12:15 p.m. at 996 Jefferson Street, Eugene. Payment by credit card ($30) available or send check with application (see back page of September 2014 Hort News).
- Application available soon for the PNW Pesticide Short Course to be held February 3-4, 2015 at LCC Main Campus.
- Landscape Contractor Board hours should be approved soon for many classes.
Research based information, education boosts profitability
Commercial agriculture faculty in the Lane County office of the OSU Extension Service deliver educational programs to help commercial growers and small farmers achieve sustainable crop production and profitability.
The commercial agriculture program provides:
- Educational field days and workshops for area growers
- Alternative crops development
- Technical assistance to help growers improve natural resources management
- Cooperation with countywide special projects such as the ongoing agricultural chemicals removal effort in Lane County
Lane County agricultural producers and small farmers also have access to regional OSU Extension faculty in field crops, small farms, and livestock and forages.
Horticulture Agent improves lives in Kyrgyzstan.