- About Extension
- Get Involved
- Statewide Locations
Food Pantry Project
Are you looking for a new way to connect with your community? Become a Family Food Educator for the OSU Extension Service Nutrition Education Program! We are looking for volunteers in your area to prepare quick and healthy Food Hero recipes and share samples at your local food pantry.
Volunteers will pick up an ingredient and supply box from the OSU Extension office in Eugene, prepare the recipe in their own home, and share food samples at a FOOD for Lane County emergency food pantry site once per month for 1-2 hours.
Interested volunteers will be paired up with an experienced volunteer to visit several FOOD for Lane County emergency food pantry sites and learn more about the program. Training will be provided in Eugene.
Oregon driver's license and use of own car required, mileage is not reimbursed. Oregon Food Handler Card required, may be reimbursed if not currently certified. Criminal History check may be required.
Please contact Nancy DeSpain at 541-344-0249 ext 104 to learn more and sign up.
Volunteers are needed at the following locations:
- Catholic Community Services - Springfield
- Hamlin’s Middle School Mobile Pantry – Springfield
- Leaburg Community Cupboard – Springfield
- St. John Food Pantry - Springfield
- Salvation Army - Springfield
- Helping Hand - Marcola
- McKenzie River Food Pantry
- Triangle Lake Food Pantry
- Mapleton Food Share
- Florence Food Share
- Community Food for Creswell
- Community Sharing – Cottage Grove
- Child’s Way Charter School Mobile Pantry – Dorena
- Dexter Food Pantry
- Lowell Food Pantry
- God’s Storehouse – Harrisburg
Learn more about the Food Pantry Project here.