- About Extension
- Get Involved
- Statewide Locations
4-H Record Books
4-H Record Books will be checked annually starting Summer 2014.
4-H Record Books...
- encourage members to set goals and develop plans to meet those goals. Members can reflect on their achievements and growth during their time in 4-H.
- give members an opportunity to reflect on their yearly work. The books document the members’ skill development and their learning experiences from one year to the next.
- teach important life skills: goal setting, organizing, planning, and written communication.
Members who keep good records...
- learn how to set goals and evaluate their project’s progress.
- may receive county, state, and/or national recognition.
- are eligible for 4-H scholarships, the 4-H Ambassador program, and National 4-H Congress.
- have an invaluable personal memory book (this has proven very helpful as older 4-H youth apply for awards including college scholarships and complete résumés and job applications).
Youth who want to participate in the fair will turn in their 4-H record books for review to be eligible for fair participation.
What you need to create a 4-H Record Book that can grow with you in 4-H:
- A three ring binder with dividers and tabs - label outside with your name and 4-H Community Club
- Identification page
- My 4-H Records Folder OR
- Make your own - Name, Address, County, 4-H Community Club, Phone Number
- Tab 1 - NEW! My 4-H Resume Fillable pdf or My 4-H Resume Printable pdf (replaces My Permanent Record)
- Tab 2 - 4-H Notes (your story of the year)
- Remaining Tabs: Make a separate Tabbed Section for each project you participate in. Each Project Section should be labeled and include:
- Project Records
- Animal Science Market Animal projects also need to include the following for each market animal:
- Animal Science Production Animal projects also need to include the animal-specific production records for each animal.
- Advancements (if applicable)
- Advancements can go in the section of the project they are for OR have a separate tab.
- Pictures - you may place 1-2 pages of pictures in your book
4-H Memories Record Book Guide - information to help you fill out your 4-H Record Book