- About Extension
- Get Involved
- Statewide Locations
Family & Community Health
Agent - Barbara Brody
Oregon State University's Extension Family & Community Health (FCH) program serves Oregonians through education, community partnerships, and action. FCH focuses on programs that will promote healthy communities, healthy families, and healthy individuals.
Take Part Today - Take a survey about recipes, cooking, and healthy eating.
Oregon State University Extension Family and Community Health programs and community partnerships help all Oregonians achieve a healthy, nurturing family and caring community.
We have a strong focus on food and nutrition. For a variety of links to food innovations, information, and interesting articles related to food and nutrition offered through OSU visit the community nutrition website.
The Oregon Nutrition Education Program (NEP) Mission is to educate limited income Oregonians about healthy food choices and physical activity. The Oregon Family Nutrition Program (OFNP) is offered through the federal Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Education, better known as SNAP-Ed. We assist those who qualify for our programming including adults, seniors, teen parents, and youth in families with limited incomes. More than 80 percent of adult NEP participants are enrolled in at least one food assistance program. Our programs are delivered through classes, demonstrations, workshops, displays, education materials delivered to the home, and social marketing. There is no cost to participants.
NEP programs help families manage food resources, make healthy food choices and handle food safely.
Our Food Hero social marketing campaign encourages families to eat more fruits and vegetables and drink healthier beverages. The Food Hero website provides links to over 150 recipes in English and Spanish as well as tips for buying fresh foods less expensively, budgeting for food, and cooking foods safely.
Food Hero Monthly Newsletters
- December 2015 - Salmon Basics (English Version)
- Diciembre 2015 - Fundametos del Salmon (Spanish Version)
- November 2015 - Winter Squash Basics (English Version)
- Noviembre 2015 - Fundamentos de la Calbaza de Invierno (Spanish Version)
- October 2015 - Beet Basics - (English Version)
- Octubre 2015 - Fundamentos de Los Betabeles - (Spanish Version)
- September 2015 - Bell Pepper Basics - (English Version)
- Septiembre 2015 - Información Básica de los Chile Campana - (Spanish Version)
- August 2015 - Tomato Basics - (English Version)
- Agosto 2015 - Información Básica de los Tomates - (Spanish Version)
- July 2015 - Summer Squash Basics - (English Version)
- Julio 2015 - Información Básica de la Calabaza de Verano - (Spanish Version)
- June 2015 - Salad Greens Basics - (English Version)
- Junio 2015 - Información Básica de las Hojas Verdes - (Spanish Version)
- May 2015 - Green Bean Basics - (English Version)
- Mayo 2015 - Información básica de la Ejotes - (Spanish Version)
- April 2015 - Peas Basics - (English Version)
- Abril 2015 - Información básica de la Chicharos - (Spanish Version)
- March 2015 - Radish Basics - (English version)
- Marzo 2015 - Información básica de la Rábanos - (Spanish Version)
- February 2015 - Cabbage Basics - (English Version)
- Febreo 2015 - Información básica de la Col - (Spanish Version)
- January 2015 - Carrot Basics - (English Version)
- Enero 2015 - Funamentos sobre las Zanachorias - (Spanish Version)
Resources outside OSU Extesnion:
For more information please contact:
Family & Community Health/4-H Faculty
Malheur County581 SW 33rd Street
Ontario, OR 97914
OSUES Vision: Oregon State University Extension Service is the “Front door to OSU” and the premier provider of non-formal education that meets the needs of Oregonians and contributes significantly to strong individuals, families and communities, a vibrant economy, and sustainable natural resources.
Oregon State University Extension Service offers educational programs, activities, and materials without discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, disability, or disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran status. Oregon State University Extension Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer.