The Malheur County Extension Office offers assistance and information to help you manage your home and garden more efficiently and economically.
Our agents can assist you with questions regarding garden plants, fruit and ornamental trees, lawn and landscaping, weeds, insects, spiders and rodents.
In 2011 a tomato variety trial was conducted to find the tomato varieties that preformed the best in Malheur County. The information collected can help you determine what variety will suit your needs the best and also what is best for your garden. See the links below for the data sheets.
- Soil Fertility in Organic Systems: A Guide for Gardeners & Small Acreage Farmers
- Gardening with Compost, Mulches, and Row Covers, EC 1247
- It Pays to Water Wisely, EM 9113
- Keys to Water-efficient Landscapes, EM 9134
- Landscape Maintenance to Conserve Water, EM 9135
- Conserving Water in the Garden: Designing and Installing a New Landscape, EC 1550-E
- Vegetable Gardening in Oregon, EC 871
- Preventing Plant Disease in Your Garden and Landscape, FS 242
- Growing Plants in Containers
- Agricultural Composting and Water Quality EM 9053
- Garden News
- OSU Master Gardener On-Line
- PNW Handbook - Insects, Weeds, Plant Disease
- OSU Gardening Publications
- Conserving Water in your Garden
Landscaping can add to the value of a home, dramatically increase living space, and contribute greatly to an improved home lifestyle.